Change background image

McGehee Signs One Year Deal

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Jokersgoon, Dec 18, 2013.

1. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

Well considering what our offense looks like, I don't think that's far off.

I do think the pitching will be better, but I'm worried about sophomore regression from guys like Fernandez, Eovaldi, and Alvarez.
  2. BroncoBob27

BroncoBob27 Hammerhead

Off topic, but so what.
    Agree. They have "Kobe beef" farms here. One in Okeechobee, I think. Can't see how that's possible. Could be the same type cattle, but...... They feeding them the same Japanese beer? They getting the massages? I rather doubt it. To be honest, I've never tried Kobe anything in the states because I don't believe it could be the same thing. Why ruin such a good memory? And I've never heard of Wagyu. Guess I missed something.
  3. Eddie Altamonte

Eddie Altamonte Hammerhead

McGehee leading the majors in RBIs right now!
  4. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

MVP-MVP-MVP!

But seriously, good start.
  5. The_Punisher

The_Punisher The Runner

is this guy for real
  6. Eddie Altamonte

Eddie Altamonte Hammerhead

2 more RBIs today
  7. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

No
    pollyvonwog and Jay Ram like this.
  8. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Oh.. Those hits and RBI were make believe?
  9. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

No, but, he probably won't sustain even 60% of this. Enjoy the ride for now.

Honestly, this really just seemed like an argument instigating comment.
  10. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I mean, I'm not going to pretend I know what McGehee is going to be this season. He's had success, and failure, he could go in a number if directions this year.
  11. 97marlin

97marlin Grasshopper

If he continue to see 3.6 pitches per plate appearance and continue to walk and strikeout at the rate he is I'll be happy with him. 20% K 15% BB 3.6 P/PA all he then needs to do is have some power which it looks like he will have at home. I think he can sustain those numbers.
  12. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

He probably won't sustain that walk rate, but even double digits would be pretty good to see.
  13. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

It's a small sample size, which is something you never seem to understand.
  14. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I don't think I have blown anything out of proportion. I'm just not ignorant enough to write it off completely, either.
  15. Spike

Spike Hammerhead

Dont sell yourself short.
  16. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

but what I'm not sure you grasp when you get in these arguments is that what people are talking about is LIKELIHOOD. Is it likely that McGehee is going to hit .300 and walk 10% for the first time in his career? Or is it more probable that he's going to do something around his last 2-3 year averages? No one's saying he can't surprise, no one's saying it can't happen. And a good start is a good start. But we have a history, and that is usually the most likely thing to happen.

"He could go in a number of directions this year" isn't really saying anything.
    mystikol87 and Jay Ram like this.
  17. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

You pretty much are doing that by overstating the "reality" of an incredibly small sample size of good performance.