Change background image

NBA Finals

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hotcorner, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

anyone? Great game 1. As well as the Pacers play defense, they can't score when they need to. The Spurs probably don't have the individual defensive talent that Indiana does but they play really solid team defense and they can score. And good lord... 4 turnovers the entire game??!

Heat played pretty well though, for some reason they just seemed to lose momentum in the 4th quarter. Maybe that long series with Indiana wore them out a bit. And San Antonio is definitely rested. That is a well-coached team. There were stretches in that game where it seemed like the Heat were on runs and were doing anything they wanted, and then you'd glance at the score and they're only up by 3 or 4.

Still have to think the Heat have the edge, but should be a good series.
  2. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Spoelstra is a terrible coach.

Still going to be amazing to watch.
  3. fanofthefish

fanofthefish The Grinch's Biggest Fan

Didn't realize there was a game last night with the first yr draft, glad to see the Spurs get a game up
    1 person likes this.
  4. MrMarlinPride

MrMarlinPride Unsung Hero

Spolstra is a great coach. I feel that the Heat have finally found a counter with a smaller, more agile lineup and will take a very close game 5 in San Antonio then finish it off in Miami
  5. yokofox33

yokofox33 lol desu

Nope.
  6. StantonisKing

StantonisKing St. Petersburg College FTW!

I'm sick of Danny f**king Green.

And if not even LeBron can stop Parker, we're screwed

Don't know why Spoelstra hasn't tried zone defense yet. They can't beat us with the three anymore than they already are.

Chalmers and Cole havn't done squat lately, Miller hasn't done squat since being named a starter.

Wouldn't mind if Spoelstra gave Allen a chance to start with the way he played tonight.

This is Skip Bayless' wet dream.
  7. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

well they're home for 6 & 7 and have come back big after losses so far.
  8. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

I'm sick of Danny f**king Green.

And if not even LeBron can stop Parker, we're screwed

Don't know why Spoelstra hasn't tried zone defense yet. They can't beat us with the three anymore than they already are.

Chalmers and Cole havn't done squat lately, Miller hasn't done squat since being named a starter.

Wouldn't mind if Spoelstra gave Allen a chance to start with the way he played tonight.

This is Skip Bayless' wet dream.

Spo is a bad coach. The sets he puts out are dumb in a lot of situations. He will calls plays for a player that is 0-10 out of time out. He doesn't make proper in game adjustments. He starts miller because miller doesn't miss, but then won't call any plays for him. The spurs end up crowding the paint and always double or triple team Lebron and wade.

Whoever is guarding green cannot give him any space.
  9. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Spo isn't a bad coach. The reasons you gave are pretty bad.

I still pick Miami in 7.
  10. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

Spo's not a bad coach, Wade's just a lazy defender at times.

He calls good offensive sets, it's ultimately up to the players to be successful. What cost us game 5 was lazy defense and the Spurs were on fire shooting.
  11. MrMarlinPride

MrMarlinPride Unsung Hero

12. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Pretty sure our Miami marlin friend with the orange jersey and visor is at the game.
  13. MarlinKidd101

MarlinKidd101 Don't Read This.

14. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Nah. The guy that always sits behind home plate. He wears an orange jersey and orange visor.
  15. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

That is just a good team over there. Never any panic.
  16. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

That was one of the greatest Finals games in NBA history.
    1 person likes this.
  17. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

That was one of the greatest Finals games in NBA history.

It took years away from my life and I'm not a fan of either team.
  18. StantonisKing

StantonisKing St. Petersburg College FTW!

Wilbon/Magic: Spurs choked.

Bayless on Twitter: Refs gave Heat the game.

How is he considered an analysts? Dude is nothing more than a homer/troll.
  19. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

The officiating was bad for both teams at times. Heat first 3 qtrs, spurs 4th and ot.
  20. Entendu

Entendu sXe

That game was f***ing amazing.