Change background image

NBA Offseason: Free Agency, news, etc...Miami Heat only

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The_Punisher, Jun 21, 2013.

1. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

LOL if Bynum's taking the MMLE you obviously gotta grab him despite his horrible attitude and messed up knees. That would be the biggest steal ever.

He'll get $60 million from some team willing to take a chance on him at some point. Greg Oden is the real target.
  2. dim

If Pat Riley can honestly convince Bynum to take the mini MLE, I don't think there's any question that Pat Riley made some kind of deal with the devil. It just wouldn't be fair to get Bynum for so cheap given his prior production.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

I think the Heat would have to start by freeing themselves of Mike Miller. Maybe Joel Anthony.

Bynum did say he isn't going to work out for any team. So if you sign him, you have to have trust in him that he's going to be healthy.
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

If Bynum signs with the Heat, it won't be for the Mini MLE.
  5. dim

We don't have the cap space to offer him anything else, even if we amesty Joel or Miller (can't get rid of both via amnesty, and cutting them straight does nothing to help us). The only thing we are offering Bynum is the MMLE. We don't give a full MLE for amnestying anybody.

That is the reason this whole scenario is so unlikely but fun to consider.
  6. MrMarlinPride

MrMarlinPride Unsung Hero

Don't even want Bynum, he's an awful character guy and a bigger risk since he'd get more money. Not really a Miami Heat type of player. (Then again we did trade for Shaq..)

The real target is Oden who has been reported to be running and moving very well, almost as good as he was in college. I don't see why he would want to sign anywhere else either, he could either be eased into a sufficient role or if he's ready start right away. San Antonio also just locked up Splitter for $45 so i doubt Oden goes there with Duncan, Splitter, Blair.
  7. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

Cant tell if you're saying Shaq is an awful character or not... or you're saying he's not a Miami Heat type of player.
  8. MrMarlinPride

Saying more that he's an awful character guy, he absolutely bashed Riley and the organization a few years after we traded him.
  9. Dr Beinfest

Don't think that's fair to say in hindsight. When he was here he was a good character guy.
  10. Jagsfreak27

Jagsfreak27 Grasshopper

Are there any Orlando fans on this forum?
  11. dim

Posting to say hot damn Greg Oden is taking a long time to choose a team.
  12. MrMarlinPride

He's working out with the Heat, Kings and Pelicans this week. Easy decision if it's between those 3 teams only
  13. Dr Beinfest

Yeah Greg Oden doesn't get his own version of "the decision."

He's been off for forever. If I had any guess, Oden isn't in a full position to say where he's going.
  14. dim

Oden for the minimum! Huge huge huge huge win!

Pls stay healthy Greg. We finally have somebody with decent size down low.

Oden/Birdman playing 10 minutes a game until the playoffs will be fun to watch. If Oden can stay healthy (still a big if), I could easily see him starting at center, moving Bosh back to his natural position at PF, for the playoffs.

I love it. Been touting the possibility of signing Oden for well over a year.
  15. Erick

Erick Marlin

You're a bit too excited about this.
  16. dim

He'll contribute very little during the regular season.

I'm excited because I feel he can guard guys like Hibbert and Noah better than anybody we've had in the past. It's a great signing because he could eliminate the one weakness the Lebron Heat team's have had. And if he gets injured, we're paying the minimum and use the same team that won us a title last year.

I don't see any reason NOT to be excited about the signing.
    1 person likes this.