Change background image

NBA Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Iowa, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Iowa

Iowa Midwest Invasion

Magic have 70 mil locked up in 2012/2013 season

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

The timberwolves just traded for Curry. Someone out there will take his contract.
  3. Iowa

Iowa Midwest Invasion

Curry's contract was an asset though as it was expiring. Will be tough to unload that contract until the very end of it
  4. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

Curry's contract was expiring. Arenas has years left on his deal.
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

I didn't realize that. I thought he had one more year left. Damn that contract sucks.
  6. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

The best thing a magic fan can hope for is to have a team willing to take on his contract for us lol. Not much else we can do.
  7. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

Well, the only reason you guys have Arenas' contract is because you gave Rashard Lewis an equally horrible six years, $118 million deal in 07.
  8. MrMarlinPride

MrMarlinPride Unsung Hero

Of all teams to take a big man they T'Wolves did...
    They have Love, Millicic, Beasley, Koufus, Tolliver and that other dude that never plays. (Pekovic)

Someone could take/use Gilbert, he can still score and with Minutes could definitely be an above average starting Gaurd (PG/SG)
    Teams like Cleveland, Pistons, Bucks, T'Wolves, Hornets, Spurs(if Parker leaves), Raptors and Jazz may be looking for a starting guard over the next few seasons.

If he didn't cost so damn much I'd love for the Heat to get him.
  9. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

looking at the link iowa posted basically says we are screwed. Nelson isn't a fa in 2012. No one is but Dwight. Fml.
  10. Iowa

Iowa Midwest Invasion

I have a feeling Howard may be next year's Carmelo

Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, Omer Asik, Charlotte 2013 1st, Bulls 2013 1st, Bulls 2015 1st would be the Bulls best offer
  11. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Arenas does have an option. Maybe he'll help us out a bit lol.
  12. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Hm. If charlotte sucks, maybe that would be a high first for a franchise caliber player.
  13. Iowa

Iowa Midwest Invasion

It's a protected pick.. not sure of specifics though.
  14. I Love Me Some Fish

I Love Me Some Fish 2013 = year of the fish?

Minny really likes Anthony Randolph and Curry's contract comes off the books after the season. Low risk for them. And possibly Randolph matures into a solid player.
  15. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Then I guess I'll just turn my attention to hockey.
  16. Lol, this is a good deal for the Knicks. It's what the new NBA is all about ever since the Heat formed their big 3. Carmelo going to NY means one of Chris Paul/Deron Williams is now going there too, when they're ready to leave their respective teams.

The Knicks were going nowhere with the likes of Gallinari, Chandler, Felton, etc. anyway.

Give it a couple of years, and the Knicks will be one of the best teams in the NBA. The NBA is the most predictable sport of the four major sports. Everyone knows they're going to be good, and whoever says otherwise is fooling themselves. Just like whoever doubted the Heat when they put their team together was foolish, as well.

I'm not saying they'll win championships, but they'll be competing for championships on a yearly basis soon, and might just get a couple of NBA titles during the timespan.

17. I think Howard ends up with the Lakers.
  18. Iowa

Iowa Midwest Invasion

That is kind of what I think based on that he just seems like a guy who would want to be in LA and LA would need a new face of their franchise.

If that were the case, he would just have to sign there in 2012.. a trade would seem unlikely
  19. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

I think Howard stays in Orlando.

20. The Magic could make a trade centered around Andrew Bynum. The speculation for such a trade in the near future has already begun actually, lol.