Change background image

NBA Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Iowa, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Iowa

Iowa Midwest Invasion

I'm not sure what to think about the trade rumor.. he seems to be their only trade chip and even then, he has 2 years and 31 mil left. I definitely think Chicago would have a better offer, as Noah has a pretty friendly contract in terms of average salary. Like we just saw with Melo though, all of it will depend on where Howard wants to go.
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

I'm telling you, Williams is going to NY.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

If we trade Howard, I want Bynum. When he's the center of an offense, he is awesome. He's not Dwight defensively, but offensively, I think he's better.

4. I think they'll end up with Paul; Melo and Paul are really good friends.
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

I'm praying.
  6. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Good point. Either one is fine, really. Who is the other team in contention for Paul/Williams?

7. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

He just seems like the most down to earth player. Seems loyal. If there was one single player that I would trust to return to his team while facing FA, it would be Howard.

Then again, there is LeBron. But Howard is famous for the exact opposite of LeBron's ego, so I dont think that should be an issue.
  8. Iowa

Iowa Midwest Invasion

My guess would be one of the Texas teams. All 3 will have a lot of money to spend.. San Antonio will be looking for a franchise player, Dallas/Cuban are always looking to get better and Houston is always willing to spend.
  9. BosnianBaller_

BosnianBaller_ Hammerhead

i don't think deron goes to new york. he seems like the kind of player that wants to be the go-to guy and wants the ball in his hands. also, as long as dantoni is coach of the knicks they'll never win a championship. the guy had nash, marion, stoudamire, joe johnson, and quentin richardson in there prime and still couldn't make it to the finals. he makes for an entertaining game but without any defense the knicks won't win, book it.
  10. bobbob1313

bobbob1313 Rally Sad Nats Fan!

They got screwed by a terrible suspension in the Spurs series in 2007 conference semis. They could have beaten them.
  11. Iowa

Iowa Midwest Invasion

Bulls now own the rights to Miami's first round pick after James Johnson was traded to Toronto. Granted its a low pick but I can't believe they got a 1st rd pick for him. I wouldnt be surprised to see it move somewhere else
  12. MrMarlinPride

MrMarlinPride Unsung Hero

CP3 is going to NY no doubt about it. All New York needs to do is not f*** up and clear room for him.
    I feel Deron will stay in Utah for another 5 seasons.
  13. bobbob1313

bobbob1313 Rally Sad Nats Fan!

I think people are seriously ignoring that even if the cap stays the same from this year to 2012 (something nobody expects, it's expected to go down), the Knicks will likely only have about 14-15 mil for Paul. No garauntee they'll have the room for a max.
  14. Dr Beinfest

CP3 might not make it no NY if the new CBA f***s it up.

And as a Heat fan I'd like that.
  15. BosnianBaller_

the grizzlies are discussing a trade with the magic involving zach randolph for jason richardson and brandon bass.....interesting
  16. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

The new CBA could also create a hard cap and screw us over (however unlikely it is).

This CBA will decide a lot of teams futures.
  17. Iowa

Iowa Midwest Invasion

Bulls are talking w/Memphis about Mayo. I think Courtney Lee is more likely

Warriors get Murphy for Gadzuric and B Wright

Sac gets Marcus Thornton for Landry
  18. BosnianBaller_

don't forget that the mavs are in talks with the nets about devin harris
  19. Dr Beinfest

Whatever decision is made in the CBA...

the league will never screw a team over by it. There would almost indefinitely be temporary exceptions (i.e. if contract signed before x date) made if a hard cap were put in place.
  20. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

We just got J rich, lol. Man the NBA is crazy now a days.

Anyway, Keep Jrich and add Gilbert. How I wish.