Change background image

Official Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Outfield' started by geemoney, Jun 5, 2006.

1. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

I like Punks comments.

As a side, which match closes summerslam tonight?
  2. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Cena/Bryan, no doubt about that.
  3. ArtisticHate

ArtisticHate Libraries gave us power...

Unfortunately, due to the McMahon involvement this could be the case.

Brock has main evented every PPV since his return where Rock has not been involved. This might be the first although I think Brock/Punk is the more interesting match.
  4. ArtisticHate

I loved the Brock/Punk match sooooo much.

Wasn't paying complete attention to Cena/Bryan, but the ending wasn't a surprise. The rumors had been there for a few days. I found it funny.
  5. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

Thought Summerslam was great.

Will they sign Batista and do Evolution again? I'm just happy that Cena lost clean.
  6. ArtisticHate

Batista? Maybe, he should still be filming Guardians of the Galaxy for a little bit though. Maybe a few more months?
  7. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

I thought the ending was great. Most of us knew Bryan would win, but when Randy Orton walked out I truly felt like he'd just engage in an intense staredown with Orton to end the show, setting up a feud for the next PPV. While the dirtsheets had reported a HHH heel turn and a McMahon babyface turn to set up a Wrestlemania XXX showdown between the team (with Team HHH and Team McMahon for control of the company) I thought they'd do the heel turn for Trips closer to Wrestlemania.

That entire PPV was well done from a storyline standpoint. I'm most interested to see the aftermath of the Wyatt Family demolition of Kane. Most people think this is building up to Kane becoming a part of the Wyatt Family, and it seems to look that way, but I can't help but feel Kane wouldn't want to be a part of such a new stable like this. He's such an established name that it seems weird for him to be joining a stable of newcomers rather than the other way around.
  8. ArtisticHate

With Kane gone for a month or so to film See No Evil 2 (or whatever its called) there's a chance Kane could come back "brainwashed" and allowed to be a heel monster again. That is my hope anyway.

Kane has been around for a long time, he's had his big matches, he's had his title runs, but at this point... he might as well put over new talent like Bray Wyatt. Its also a good way to turn him heel for a little bit.
  9. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

This nice thing about last night is that it sets up:

Bryan vs Orton
    Bryan vs Orton vs Cena
    Bryan vs HHH

Three new matches.

Where do they go with Lesnar? I'd actually like to see Lesnar beat the WWE champion at Royal Rumble and set up CM Punk (rumble winner) vs Lesnar at Wrestlemania. Assuming, Steve Austin isnt coming back.
  10. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Bryan vs Orton is definitely happening at Night of Champions next month.

I have a feeling Punk will take this match as a storyline reason to take time off - he could use it.

Also, Orton finally with the heel turn.

My only problems with the PPV last night is that RVD/Ambrose was a great match shoved onto the pre-show, and Rhodes/Sandow didn't get more time. Overall, an A-, IMO. Bryan beat Cena clean, was very happy about that. Triple H turning heel was a nice twist, looking like maybe a new faction centered around the two? "Corporate Evolution"?
  11. Schnellders

Schnellders The Sinister Scotsman

Awesome PPV!

But I find it strange that HHH made the move to heel given that Mr McMahon was showing heelish tendancies in the past few weeks against Bryan.
  12. ArtisticHate

Yeah, but the rumor for a while has been that it will be Triple H vs. Vince's big babyface guy. Rumor was Austin at first, but I hope that doesn't happen. If Austin wants to, and can get medically cleared, then it has to be CM Punk feud for him.

I don't know who else could be Vince's guy... Rock is supposed to be filming something and doesn't seem to be interested. Batista could return after being done with Guardians of the Galaxy filming, but no idea on that one.

It'll probably end up being Cena. Triple H-Cena at Mania, never seen that before. Could also be Cena-Taker, could also be Taker-Brock. Who knows... lots of time to go.
  13. Spike

Spike Hammerhead

My problem is that hot shot title changes like that kind of devalue the title.
  14. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

I'm hoping we'll finally be getting a war games match (since the DVD went on sale recently). Its setting up perfectly with Orton and the Shield vs Bryan, Ziggler, Show and Henry.

Its an easy way to continue all the feuds without having to worry title changes. They could even do it at the the hell in a cell ppv.
  15. geemoney

geemoney This Space For Rent

That's also kinda what MITB is for, though. It's not like it's the first time this has happened.
  16. geemoney

Ted DiBiase Jr. has left WWE.
  17. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Triple H won't allow Chris Hero (Kassius Ohno) on to the main roster until he beefs up. Completely ridiculous, if you ask me. He's great in the ring and amazing on the mic.
    1 person likes this.
  18. Entendu

Entendu sXe

Maybe he should work out with Donovan Solano
  19. geemoney

Edge returns to Raw next week, likely to offset the return of MNF.
  20. ArtisticHate

So, yeah, Raw eh? Uh-huh. Enough said:

[​IMG]

Yeah....