Change background image

Official Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Outfield' started by geemoney, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Schnellders

Schnellders The Sinister Scotsman

So where is this Cody Rhodes storyline going?
  2. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

He's getting married and taking time off for his honeymoon.
    Probably come back and turn heel, IDK.
  3. geemoney

geemoney This Space For Rent

Or come back as a major face to save Bryan or another face, since the rest of the roster isn't allowed to or they'll be fired.
  4. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Someone said it would have been awesome if he had come out at the end of RAW and just went crazy with the notion of, "I've already been fired, so what the hell?" Would have been pretty cool.
  5. geemoney

Dustin Rhodes (Goldust) returns to face Randy Orton tomorrow on Raw; if Dustin wins, Cody gets his job back.
  6. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

You know GoldDusty won't win.

Someone said, "it'd be awesome if Cody came out as Goldust instead," and I'm just all ... Height and muscle mass difference might be a give-away.
  7. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
  8. ArtisticHate

ArtisticHate Libraries gave us power...

Ha!

I completely forgot about the PPV this evening, that says it all for me lately with this Triple H storyline.
  9. Schnellders

Battleground is gonna be pretty crap I reckon
  10. geemoney

Oh it was.
  11. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

It wasn't AS BAD as people say it was. There were some good matches, imo, despite lack of storyline. The ending, while pretty stupid, was at least new and unexpected. They'll settle it at Hell in a Cell. Probably with Big Show as the special referee. :lol
  12. geemoney

People don't spend $55 on a PPV to see the main event resolved at the NEXT PPV. There really is no excuse for a non-finish in a PPV main event.
  13. Schnellders

At least for once the Hell in a Cell gimmick will be used in the culmination of a feud rather than just sticking a title match in the cell to satisfy the PPV name.

I enjoyed the WHC match and the Rhodes-Shield match but otherwise Battleground was just like an episode of Raw.
  14. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

They should get rid of night of champions and battleground. Those two have been/are basically filler ppvs.

Looks like Hell in a Cell will have:

Orton vs Bryan
    HHH vs Big Show (hopefully also in a cell)
    Cena vs Del Rio
    Punk vs ???
  15. Schnellders

I thought Cena was meant to be out 4-6 months, not 2?
  16. geemoney

First, WWE has historically extended the timeline for injuries in order to spark surprise returns. Second, let's wait to see if he actually wrestles.
    1 person likes this.
  17. geemoney

Rey Mysterio returned to the ring in a tag match last night in Mexico.
  18. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Big E Faceturn on Smackdown tonight.
  19. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

Assuming the WWE doesn't sign Sting, Austin, Rock or someone else, here is my idea for Wrestlemania.

Cena beat Del Rio for the WHC. They can have a rematch at Survivor Series. At Royal Rumble Lesnar beats Cena for the WHC. CM Punk wins the Chamber to face Lesnar at Wrestlemania.

Orton wins the belt at Hell in a Cell. At TLC, HHH wins the belt in controversial fasion. Bryan wins the Rumble. HHH vs Bryan for the WWE championship.

Then we have Cena facing the Undertaker, but I'm not sure yet how the story would be.
    So the main matches would be:

Bryan vs HHH
    Lesnar vs Punk
    Cena vs Undertaker
  20. Schnellders

Guessing Axel vs Langston for the IC Title at HIAC then?