Change background image

Official Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Outfield' started by geemoney, Jun 5, 2006.

1. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Or Undertaker retires as Champion.
  2. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

The reason I like Cena as Champion, is because there will be doubt as to who will win. If Undertaker wins, they can just have a tournament at the next PPV and crown a new champion.

I suppose another option would be to have Orton as champion facing Lesnar. That would help elevate that match as it would probably get lost in the shuffle without the belt.
  3. geemoney

geemoney This Space For Rent

4. Schnellders

Schnellders The Sinister Scotsman

TLC tonight is the first PPV since Summerslam that I'm actually interested to see how it plays out.
  5. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

I'm fine with Orton winning last night. I'm interested to see where they go with it.

Orton vs Cena cant happen at Wrestlemania now can it? Orton vs Bryan happened 3 times in the last few months.

I assume it'll be CM Punk vs Orton at Rumble. I could see HHH getting involved in that match and that could start HHH vs CM Punk.
  6. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

Looks like they are setting up Orton vs Cena vs Bryan at Rumble, which I think will be good.

Assuming HBK is coming back for one more match, I'd have him cost Bryan the match and have Orton retain.

Lesnar wins the Rumble and challeges Orton at Wrestlemania. At elimination chamber, HHH costs Punk the match against Orton and sets up their match at Mania.

Wrestlemnia XXX:
    Cena vs Undertaker
    Lesnar vs Orton for the WWE championship
    Punk vs HHH
    Bryan vs HBK

I don't think the WWE can do better than that. Having the Lesnar vs Orton match for the championship elevates it to the level of the other three. There would be four matches on the card that could potentially headline the show.
  7. geemoney

WWE aired a vignette for the return of Batista last night on Raw. He's scheduled to return on the January 20th Raw, the go-home show for the Royal Rumble.
  8. Schnellders

I understand that they announced the Batista return to try and increase viewer numbers but I hate that they have spoiled his return. Would be far more epic if his music hit at the Rumble unexpected.
  9. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

They also spoiled another return tonight through their Smackdown taping yesterday.

Brock Lesnar returns tonight and beats down Mark Henry.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  10. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

Awesome!

Hopefully this means he is in the rumble.

However, a fatal 4 way match between Orton, Cena, Bryan and Lesnar would also be awesome.

Well if you hadn't read the spoiler of Friday's show, it wouldn't have been spoiled.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  11. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Bryan joining the Wyatts. Nice.
  12. Schnellders

Yeah I'm interested in how they now progress the Daniel Bryan character with his involvement with the Wyatts.
  13. MrAndMrsFish

MrAndMrsFish Lets Go Miami Marlins! .

Wow no thoughts on the Old School Raw...i thought they used the old guys in a good form and were still able to advance certain story lines....
  14. geemoney

I liked the Jake Roberts appearance. Hoping that bodes well for a Royal Rumble shot for him. Kaitlyn Tweeted that she has left WWE - her last match is tonight on Main Event. And of course, WWE's big announcement (the network) is tonight.
  15. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

The network seems like its going to be awesome.
    $9.99 a month and you get every PPV including Wrestlemania. If you already order 2 PPVs a year, then you are already paying $120 a year.
  16. ArtisticHate

ArtisticHate Libraries gave us power...

Yup, its an amazing deal.
  17. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

I do think I'll be getting that, most likely.
  18. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

The network has a six month commitment, so it'll cost you $60 for 6 months. Even if you don't like it after that period, you will still have gotten 6 PPVs (including Wrestlemania and Summerslam) for the price of one. If you wait until March 22 to sign up, your six month period will cover 7 PPVs. Seems like a no brainer if you are a wrestling fan.
  19. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Agreed. A lot of people seem to be going nuts and making s*** up about it. "Oh it's $10 a month and $10 more for PPVs and $5 more if you wanna watch RAW every week," and I'm like, "wtf?"
  20. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

I'm sure we'll hear all about it during the next 5 or 6 Monday night raws. They'll make it clear that the $9.99 includes PPVs.

The last few years I've gotten Wrestlemania, Extreme Rules and Summerslam. The network will end up saving me over $100 over the next six months, so I'm quite happy about that.
    BenderRobot likes this.