Change background image

Official Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Outfield' started by geemoney, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Schnellders

Schnellders The Sinister Scotsman

Amazes me how much PPV's are in America. In the UK they cost £15 which just now is roughly $25 and thats only 8/12 PPV's in the year, with the other 4 (Elimination Chamber, Extreme Rules, MITB and Hell in Cell) free. Well when I say free - they are on Sky Sports which I pay for anyway so no additional charge.
  2. geemoney

geemoney This Space For Rent

Ultimate Warrior was named the first inductee to the 2014 WWE Hall-of-Fame tonight.
  3. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

That ending tonight, oh my goodness. That crowd was incredible for that.
  4. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

Go Rhode Island!

I'm glad that they ended him being a part of the Wyatts. I'm wondering if Bryan will be in the Rumble or if he will have a singles match at the PPV?

Right now its the Rumble, Lesnar vs Big Show and Cena vs Orton. Usually they have around 4 matches in addition to the Rumble Match.

Maybe a Divas Match? What else could they do?
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  5. MrAndMrsFish

MrAndMrsFish Lets Go Miami Marlins! .

As great as the crowd was during the last segment, found it to be pretty bad during the CM Punk part of the show. That guy deserves more for the work he puts in.
    MrMarlinPride likes this.
  6. MrMarlinPride

MrMarlinPride Unsung Hero

Looks like AJ vs Naomi will be a match. Also the tag team titles might be defended
  7. geemoney

geemoney This Space For Rent

Mae Young passed away, for real this time. She was 90.
  8. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

RIP Mae Young.
    She fought this pretty hard, but in the end, it was just her time. The fact that it took her a week after being taken off life support is incredible.
  9. Spike

Spike Hammerhead

10. MrAndMrsFish

Right now Bryan will be out of rumble due to concussion that he suffered in the cage match...but things can change

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. MrAndMrsFish

Add the divas match and the tag titles will be on the line as the brotherhood puts the titles on the line vs . New Age Outlaws, which I feel is a mockery of the rest of the division. also have to think Punk will have a match maybe unless he is just in the rumble.

12. Fish4Life

Fish4Life Do you bleed Marlins Baseball?

Was hoping he would win it.
  13. MrAndMrsFish

We'll looks like match is back on...Bryan vs bray at rumble this weekend

14. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

I have a feeling, regardless of the outcome between Bray and Bryan, that Bryan will be in the Rumble. Just a feeling.
  15. Fish4Life

Would love to see him win the match and win the rumble. Place would errupt!
  16. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

Maybe Bryan will come in at #30?
  17. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

Whats the best way to pair up these guys for Wrestlemania: Undertaker, Lesnar, HHH, Punk, Cena, Bryan, Batista, and Orton?

Then there are rumblings that Sting might join the WWE or that HBK might do one more match. I guess having a lot of top guys is a good problem.
  18. Fish4Life

Would like to see:
    Taker/HHH
    Lesnar/Batista
    Bryan/Cena
    Orton/HBK
    Sting/Punk
  19. ArtisticHate

ArtisticHate Libraries gave us power...

Please no Taker/HHH again, I was disappointed to see it happen for the 2nd time in a row (and 3rd overall).

Taker isn't going to lose his streak at this point. There's no one who really needs or deserves the rub of "beating the streak" anyway. The HBK matches were big because you felt Taker/WWE might view him as the one worthy of ending it. There was also a fear that HHH might be the one to do it for various HHH/McMahon reasons. Once that didn't happen in the first one of the successive matches, I knew it wouldn't happen in the second. There was no danger of Punk beating the streak either with how open he has been in wanting to retire sooner rather then later.

Lesnar isn't going to beat Taker, the guy has a cushy deal and isn't a company guy. He also doesn't need to win for any reason at all, no point in having that match either. Part of the enjoyment is being left in suspense of who is going to win, not because you believe it is for real, but not knowing which way WWE is going to go with it.

I would need some doubt put into my mind that the streak is really at stake. I would only get that with Cena, Bryan and Sting.

Cena because he's been the ultimate WWE pro for nearly 10 years, he's done everything right and you know Taker respects the hell out of a company man like that. What better way to give Cena his ultimate sign of respect then by having him end the streak? You know Vince/WWE wants to put Cena in the light of "greatest ever" and this would be another
    Cena doesn't need that rub at all, he would make us "haters" get on him even more, but I could see it happening.

Bryan because he is the hottest thing going right now and his entire story for the last year has been about a lack of respect and validity. We all know its a story, but it also has a basis in reality. Does the WWE really believe in him? Bryan has been a wrestling stalwart for 10-15 years and, once again, that is something Taker would respect. You want to make a new WWE superstar? The title, sadly, isn't going to do that for Bryan at this point. The streak would though. He doesn't really "need" it either, but once again... it would add some doubt in my mind that I need for a Taker at Mania match.

As for Sting... he really is the last outlaw. WWE has beaten all of the big companies, they've consumed those worlds like Galactus or Unicron. They got all the ECW stars, all of the WCW stars except for.... Sting. That man has a Hall of Fame career, but he hasn't done s*** in the WWE itself. He is a man in his early 50s who has no need to beat the streak, but then... I don't see it happening for that reason. I only see it happening as a sign of respect or a validity of someone else's career via Taker who wants to do it that way. If Sting-Taker happened at Mania and Sting did the job for Taker.... there would also be that same respect going the other way. But still... there would be enough doubt there for me to wonder.

I'd rather see Sting-Taker or Bryan-Taker, but then something like Sting-Punk would be awesome too. I doubt HBK returns, but if he does... it only has to be for Bryan. No one else is worth it given their history.
  20. ArtisticHate

ArtisticHate Libraries gave us power...

On another note... Punk-Lesnar from Summerslam was the best match of 2013 for me.