Change background image

Official Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Outfield' started by geemoney, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Spike

Spike Hammerhead

I am guessing RVD drops the title to Edge, that or Kurt Angle or Big Show one is a mole.
  2. Buckeye

Buckeye WWCD

Well, ECW only has a 12 week contract, so they could all three be moles, if this doesn't work out. I don't think any of them are moles. And yes, RVD will be giving the title to one of those dudes (hopefully Edge).
  3. Bradcore

Bradcore Captain Awesome

4. Bradcore

Bradcore Captain Awesome

5. The reason that Tazz and The King?s match at ECW One Night Stand was shown last night was because the show actually ran short and they had to fill time. Cues in the battle royal were also missed, which caused the production team to fix the mistakes in the 90 minute window that they had after the taping ended to before it aired on TV.

The debut ECW return show was written by Paul Heyman and then put through the WWE creative team who then edited it to how they think it should go. Paul Heyman does not have the entire control of the ECW brand as you saw last night. Vince McMahon wants the product how he sees it. Paul Heyman wrote last night?s show in order to to meet McMahon's expectations and visions of ECW.

People who saw Paul Heyman backstage at the ECW show said that it was pretty clear that he thought the show was a train wreck. Everyone in the company also felt the same way. Everyone knew that the show wasn?t how they wanted it to succeed and failed.
  6. Bradcore

Bradcore Captain Awesome

The Zombie which appeared on last night?s ECW show and was defeated by Sandman was Northeastern independent wrestling Tim Arson, who was trained by Johnny Rodz. Tim Arson has been making a lot of appearances for the World Wrestling Council in Puerto Rico and has had several WWE tryouts.

The Vampire that played a part outside of the Arena at the ECW show was the former Mordecai, Kevin Fertig.

The next character you can expect in ECW is a tarot card reading witch portrayed by Shelly Martinez as WWE filmed vignettes with her in Trenton, New Jersey.

--------------------------------------------------

(Credit: PWInsider.com)

Ed Shirreffs sent this report:

Here is a live report from last night's taping.

The Sovereign Bank Arena in Trenton wasn't sold out since tickets were available at showtime, but it was filled to near capacity. The crowd was split for ECW and WWE, a stark contrast to last night's pro WWE crowd. ECW never got booed, but WWE did get some cheers.

Simon Dean and Funaki had a decent match to warm the crowd up. Donny Bucci, Simon Dean''s brother, who used to run Pheonix Championship Wrestling was in the crowd.

RVD was mostly cheered, but did get some boos. Edge got a mix of both, as did Cena. He was definitely more treated more like a heel than he was last night, but still had his usual fans.

The Zombie bit was confusing at first, but when Sandman came out I realized it was a rib on people who thought that Sci Fi would mean werewolves and aliens. The Zombie is gold on the mic!

The bit with Kelly was silly. A lot of guys were into it, but when she wasn't able to get her bra unstrapped, didn't really care. Not sure how it looked edited, but she spent a few seconds fiddling with the strap before calling an audible and pulling the cups up.

The crowd loved the Battle Royal and plunder involved in it, particularly when Dreamer, Doring, and others went to town on Big Show. Trinity at ringside was HOT in that outfit and had a lot of people wondering who she was. The finish was great. My fear was Show would go over and face Cena, but Sabu's victory was well done and over with everyone.

After ECW, the ring crew went to work putting the Smackdown ring together. I hope they are paid well because they were able to get it together very quickly.

The Champion vs. Champion Mysterio-Helms match had a lot of great action and immediately Smackdown's streak of at least one really good TV match every week was secure. Rey was over HUGE with the crowd, which had a large Hispanic presence.

A few people were worried that Lashley-Booker wouldn't take place after the beat down, but the segment with the trainer assuaged those fears. It was nice to see some faces come out to help for a change.

Ken Kennedy's entrance was over with a lot of people chanting his name along with him. He was getting a "Kennedy" chant near the end, too. We saw a new finisher this week as he went over with a neckbreaker.

Khali got a lot of heat when Daivari spoke for him after the match with the Mexicools.

The tag match with Finlay/Regal vs. Scott/Hardy was great. Hardy got a lot of cheers for him in this match, and Finlay/Regal were able to get some good heat. Finlay had some fans, though. Post match, the leprechaun was over and it was funny when he went after Regal first.

Chavo got a good reaction and the fans seemed to want an in ring return. Henry's beatdown was booed loudly. Where was Rey?

Vito's squash with the local wrestler (I think someone said he goes by the name of Scotty Charisma) wasn't very good. Before the match, a vignette was shown of Vito working out in a gym with his dress on, freaking out the fellow patrons. That was pretty funny. Dave was nowhere to be found.

The main event was solid, with Booker working the crowd and Lashley getting a lot of sympathy for fighting 'injured'. Booker was in control for most of the match and Lashley sold well, but he won when he did the old British Bulldog Powerslam again. Post match, Sharmell consoled Booker by putting his crown on.

The dark match saw the Undertaker beat Khali and Mark Henry in a handicapped match. He spent most of the match with Henry and won when he tied Khali up in the ropes and gave Henry a chokeslam. The Undertaker's pop was enormous. Most people stayed to watch this.

Overall, two great shows for the price of one. Smackdown has three great matches this week for the wrestling fans to sink their teeth into.

Biggest Pops:

1. Undertaker
    2. Rey Mysterio
    3. Bobby Lashley
    4. Matt Hardy
    5. Ken Kennedy

Biggest Heat:

1. Booker T
    2. Edge/Cena
    3. Khali/Henry
    4. Finlay/Regal
    5. The guy sitting behind me who got kicked out for not sitting down. The area of the crowd I was in chanted "Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye" and cheered the tossing. Respect your fellow fans, people!

Kevin Loge sent this report:

Additional notes I saw at the ECW/Smack Down tapings:

Dark match before ECW taping:
    -Funaki beat Simon Dean

Dark Match After Smack Down tapings:
    -Undertaker beat Mark Henry and The Great Khali in a 2 on 1 handicap match. Undertaker chokeslammed Mark Henry for the pin after he got The Great Khali tied up in the ropes.

Posters I saw that got Confiscated:
    -John Cena Sucks
    -Enter Sandman
    -We Want CM Punk

Before ECW tapings the announcer said not to yell/chant curses and stuff because there were children in the audience, and many booed although it was true.

--------------------------------------------------

The reason that Tazz and The King?s match at ECW One Night Stand was shown last night was because the show actually ran short and they had to fill time. Cues in the battle royal were also missed, which caused the production team to fix the mistakes in the 90 minute window that they had after the taping ended to before it aired on TV.

Ring Announcer Steven DeAngelis was called to work the show but was told in the afternoon that he was not going to be used and sent home. WWE had told DeAngelis to come to the show and that he would be used however once he arrived they had changed their plans. Justin Roberts was used instead.

The debut ECW return show was written by Paul Heyman and then put through the WWE creative team who then edited it to how they think it should go. Paul Heyman does not have the entire control of the ECW brand as you saw last night. Vince McMahon wants the product how he sees it. Paul Heyman wrote last night?s show in order to to meet McMahon's expectations and visions of ECW.

People who saw Paul Heyman backstage at the ECW show said that it was pretty clear that he thought the show was a train wreck. Everyone in the company also felt the same way. Everyone knew that the show wasn?t how they wanted it to succeed and failed.

------------------------------------------------------------

As we previously reported, Paul Heyman wrote the script for the ECW show last night. Several sources are saying Kevin Dunn and Vince McMahon fought with Heyman on several parts of the show and succeeded.

A lot more science fiction/supernatural themed elements are planned over the next few weeks in ECW.

Former NWA and ECW star Jack Victory was backstage last night in Trenton, New Jersey.

The Zombie wasn?t planned to appear at the ECW show, it was meant to be an alien however The Sci Fi Network didn't want an alien getting beat up on their network. So they stepped in and got the Zombie instead.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Over at the NHL website features an article online talking about Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan's association with their favorite hockey teams which are The Carolina Panthers and Tampa Bay Lightning.

The Blue Meanie filmed his third movie called "Curse Of The Werewolf" for Killer Wolf Films in Meadville and Erie, PA. Meanie plays "Franklin" who is a member of a pack of werewolves who in pursuit of main character "Dakota" who is attempting to leave the pack. The movie is set to debut at the Eerie Horror Film Festival on Thursday, October 5. The movie also stars former WWF star Lanny Poffo, Pam Sutch and Ei Cinema Superstar Darian Caine.

Former ECW star Joel Gertner was spotted outside the Hammerstein Ballroom prior to the ECW PPV last weekend handing out flyers for MXW, an independent promotion he is currently booking.

Axl Rotten who is still listed as a wrestler on the ECW website has posted ?No Comment? on his wrestling status on his MySpace blog. Axl Rotten?s last wrestling appearance was with XCW on June 3rd.

-------------------------------------------------------

The following is from WWE.com:

Goldust released
    June 14, 2006

WWE has come to an agreement on the release of Goldust (Dustin Runnels) as of today, June 14, 2006. WWE wishes Dustin the best in all future endeavors.

------------------------------------------------

Exclusive Details On Rhino's New TNA Deal
    Report by TNA Wrestling News Staff on 06/13/2006 at 10:42 PM

TNAWrestlingNews.com can report that TNA has signed Rhino to a new two year contract. The former NWA and ECW World champion was set to become a free agent when his current contract expired next month.

----------------------------------------------------

www.wrestlingplanet.com

www.tnawrestlingnews.com
  7. geemoney

geemoney This Space For Rent

Source?
  8. wrestlinginc.com
  9. geemoney

Thanks.

According to the Torch, the rating came in at 2.7, with 3.4 million in total viewers.
  10. Bradcore

Bradcore Captain Awesome

Numbers like that are to be expected. What will be interesting is seeing if they can keep those ratings 4 to 6 weeks from now.

BTW, for some amusment, here's some old footage of Paul Heyman calling WWF Livewire from back in the day.

As well as some old school ECW Promos from Heatwave '99

11. Do either of you know what the name of the RAW theme song is???
  12. Bradcore

Bradcore Captain Awesome

Across the Nation by Union Underground.
  13. geemoney

according to wwe.com.

WWE must hate me. A few years back, the WEEK BEFORE I went to a Smackdown taping in Rochester, WWE released Hogan and Piper, who were Smackdown guys. Now, less than a week before I go to RAW in Rochester, they release Goldust, one of my favorite guys and one I was looking forward to seeing. Damn you WWE!
  14. MrAndMrsFish

MrAndMrsFish Lets Go Miami Marlins! .

shocking especially since dusty has a prominent position in the WWE
  15. from Wrestlinginc.com

"It appears that Goldust has been the victim of "creative having nothing" for him, which is why he was released from WWE. It has also been reported that there was heat on him for missing this past Monday?s WWE RAW."
  16. QuickGold

QuickGold Hammerhead

I loved when Goldust returned for a cameo in the Royal Rumble some years ago and was so good that he got a job out of it.
  17. geemoney

I'm sorry, but if you can't think up a freakin' storyline for GOLDUST, then it's time to find a new line of work (or take out the word "creative" from your job title).
  18. Iowa

Iowa Midwest Invasion

IMO, he was a revolutionary character for wrestling as such a weird bad guy... back in the day he was huge there for a while.
  19. Bradcore

Bradcore Captain Awesome

How many times are they going to hire and release him?
  20. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

He'll be back probably.