Change background image

Revis Traded

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by marlins1994, Apr 21, 2013.

1. marlins1994

marlins1994 Grasshopper

I am a very huge Jets fan. I know I know, I grew up in South FLA but I hate the Fins, partly b/c of the way they have treated the Marlins in the past. Anyways, today, the Jets only star player, Darrelle Revis, was traded. I was very P/O about the trade, I believe the Jets got swindled, but you know what, even though I'm furious, I'll still be a Jet Fan. The reason why I bring this up is to ask you people (marlinsbaseball.com) two questions. Does this remind you of a trade the Marlins could possibly make soon? and two, if Stanton were to be traded, would you still be a Marlins fan? I would. Panthers, Marlins, Heat, and Jets FTW! Feel Free to comment.
  2. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

It doesnt remind me of any Marlins trade. The Jets chose not to pay Revis $16 million a year since they have a ton of other needs.

It was either trade Revis now, or let him walk away like the Texans did with Mario Williams. Knowing that, I am fine with the trade. Hopefully they'll draft well on Thursday.

Stanton will get traded, its just a matter of time. The Marlins traded everyone else this off season, so anyone who is still a fan will remain a marlins fan, IMO
  3. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

It would have been nice to get an additional draft pick, or at least a 1 and a 3 guaranteed.
  4. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

If Revis is on Tampa's roster, 3 days into the 2014 year (mid March). Then the pick becomes a third rounder.
  5. PhxPhin

PhxPhin Hammerhead

Great move by the Jets
  6. Schnellders

Schnellders The Sinister Scotsman

Revis, Goldson and Barron is looking a pretty good secondary for my Bucs this year!
  7. Rabbethan

Rabbethan Member of Captain Mitre's Pirate Crew

That sounds like the reasoning behind 100 Marlins trades.
    1 person likes this.
  8. MiamiFan

MiamiFan Grasshopper

That sounds like the reasoning behind 100 Marlins trades.

Very true.