Change background image

Ruggiano to Cubs for Bogusevic

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Larry, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Erick

Erick Marlin

The move itself is fine.

The problem is that we now have too many left-handed hitters that can't hit left-handed pitching and this stupid organization does not care because they're not open-minded to platoons. They actually want Garrett Jones to play every day.
    pollyvonwog and curveball like this.
  2. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

I would give Jones a chance to play everyday, regardless of pitcher. Maybe, he can become serviceable.

Or Maybe, the experiment ends in May and we sign Mike Piazza to play 1B.
  3. CyggyMarlin

CyggyMarlin 2013 Montreal Marlins

[​IMG]
    curveball likes this.
  4. curveball

curveball Grasshopper

It's just to have warm bodies out there at this point. Right now I cannot possibly see this team winning more than 75 next year
  5. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

Ruggiano is nothing special, but I think he's a much better hitter than Bogusevic is. For a team that is so starved for offense, I'd rather have Ruggiano. This is clearly a cost cutting move, but they aren't exactly saving a ton of money here. The little bit of money they saved has already been pissed away by some of the other signings they have made.

So while Ruggiano isn't necessarily good, I think that the on field talent did get worse after this trade.
    curveball and Eddie Altamonte like this.
  6. Eddie Altamonte

Eddie Altamonte Hammerhead

Agreed! In fact Petey would probably have been a better backup Outfielder if he had been given the opportunity
    Wild Card and curveball like this.
  7. Eddie Altamonte

The only thing Ruggiano did wrong is become Arbitration eligible
    curveball and Miami_Marlins_fan like this.
  8. curveball

curveball Grasshopper

I Loria's world, that is an unforgivable sin.
  9. ...

... Sun

He was "sick" with something like mononucleosis during his 41-game non-hitting disaster. Or so he said. Whatever it was, he likely wore out his welcome as he only said anything about it after the fact. In any case, no big deal one way or the other. They come and they go and he went.

A year or two from now, nobody will even mention him, he's nothing but a minor footnote, if that. There's hundreds of guys in that boat.
  10. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

I've had mono, it's really difficult to function for the month or more while you have it.
  11. curveball

curveball Grasshopper

I have had it before and its horrible, some days you don't even want to get out of bed, your energy levels are so bad.

Like said before his sin was becoming too expensive - his cost outweighed any potential production the organization could foresee. Now if he has a very productive season in Chicago, it will once again put egg on the face of the Marlins ownership & management. Most clubs would look at his cost and not be worried at all, but to this team, that means lost art work for you know who - we can't do that.
  12. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

yeah I had to read that a couple of times to make sure it was real.
    curveball likes this.
  13. curveball

curveball Grasshopper

Unfortunately yes they do......
  14. And they actually paid Greg f***ing Dbbs $1.8m to play for this team. So they basically cut ruggiano to pay for Dobbs.
    mystikol87 likes this.
  15. curveball

curveball Grasshopper

They appreciate the loyalty I guess of Dobbs, he could have gone somewhere else last year I think and chose to stay.
  16. Eddie Altamonte

On a separate note Kevin Mattison who was lost in the Rule 5 draft was probably just as good an outfield option as Bogusevic
  17. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

I would like to see LoMo perform well in Seattle now that he seems to be healthy, since I know it has to be frustrating to have not been able to hit like he normally would
    curveball likes this.
  18. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I completely agree. I was hoping to see Petey and Ruggiano both on the bench this season, I got neither.
    I like Mattison, but absolutely not. He was terrible last year.
  19. There was no "they" involved. Loria did the Dobbs deal solo.
  20. curveball

curveball Grasshopper

For me this is cool, because I will still get to see a lot of LoMo because I follow Mariners baseball as my 2nd team