Change background image

Seahawks-Packers ending

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hotcorner, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

Anyone watching the end of this?

replacement refs just blew the game. Nice going NFL. Apparently you can get credit for a catch just by hanging onto the guy who actually caught the ball.

Meanwhile the former ref who was in the booth with the play-by-play guys clearly explained it should be ruled a Packers interception.

not to mention a blatant pass interference on Golden Tate who somehow got credit for the catch.
  2. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

Also the BS PI on Sam Shields when Sydney Rice definitely pushed off earlier. I heard Green Bay got the benefit of a lot of calls earlier on, too, though.
  3. Erick

Erick Marlin

That was just awful.
  4. yokofox33

yokofox33 lol desu

Packers got hosed. If this doesn't open up Goodell's eyes then I'll have lost hope in the NFL. The league has become a joke.
  5. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

hard to even blame these refs as they're obviously out of their league, quite literally.
  6. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

Seriously, though, they have terrible luck. Couldn't the game just end cleanly? It's like these tricky situations are finding them :lol
  7. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

Holy sh*t, that was an incredible ending though.

As far as the pass interference goes, they NEVER call PI on Hail Mary's. It's always a jump ball and every man for himself. I don't think I've ever seen a PI called on a play like that.

Great game either way. Legendary even.
  8. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Terrible. I know they are replacements, but I don't understand why people still fight for the "human element" in officiating sports.
  9. LRizzle

LRizzle Hammerhead

Legendary in a terrible way, yes possible. It'll be forever remembered in those awful referee blown call segments where they show footage of previous games that were terriblely called.

I just think it's even more embarrassing that the NFL put out an official announcement this morning agreeing with the call on the field and that the ruling and outcome of the game stands. Just awful.
    Seattle's drive should've ended 3 different times but was kept alive by referee calls.
    Russell Wilson threw an interception but they called roughing the passer instead, very questionable but that happens.
    Then after Seattle gets two holding penalties called on them, and are 1st and 30, Wilson lobs one to Sidney Rice running down the sideline, he's shoving Shields and prevents an INT by jumping on Shields' back and falling down, but they give defensive pass interference! It was clearly offensive PI. So then all of a sudden they're 1st and 10 on like the Packers 30. And then the last play of the game where Shields gets pushed again for offensive PI, this time by Tate and then Tate has a hand and arm on the ball from the back/side of Jennings and it's ruled a simultaneous catch. Awful AWFUL.
  10. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

It's a lot like religion, you see.
  11. Iowa

Iowa Midwest Invasion

12. Schnellders

Schnellders The Sinister Scotsman

If only it was the WWE, they could make the referees issue a public apology in the middle of the field at Lambeau next week......
  13. End of Steelers Dolphins, year before last go ahead FG with time almost expires instead of touchback
    Saints TD on a touchback, year before that
    Thanksgiving Coin Toss error

Games are fouled up by refs every week and as bad as last night several times a year
    1 person likes this.
  14. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

Agreed on that point. People seem to forget about that obviously botched call.
  15. TheUFO

TheUFO Muckdog

What about the infamous tuck rule?

Bad calls will happen. This was a bad call. It is being blown out of proportion because of the replacement refs.