Change background image

Sportsline: All-Time Single-Season Team: Marlins

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Rapp/Laettnerfanatic, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Rapp/Laettnerfanatic

Rapp/Laettnerfanatic Grasshopper

2. Ah, memories.
  3. fanofthefish

fanofthefish The Grinch's Biggest Fan

I guess those 187 K's were enough to derail Preston Wilson's 30/30 season in 2000
  4. MrAndMrsFish

MrAndMrsFish Lets Go Miami Marlins! .

My favorite part of the article (in bold):
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...-time-single-season-team-floridamiami-marlins
  5. Dan Uggla had 2 different seasons, each better than Luis' 2000. Heck, his 2008 was better defensively than Luis' 2000.
  6. hovertical

hovertical Hammerhead

I'd take Castillo in his prime over Uggla in his prime any day of the week, any season, any lineup. I'm not sure how you can say Uggla played better defense in any of his seasons than Luis either.
  7. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I agree, Castillo had four PLUS PLUS tools. Uggla had one.

fanofthefish, good call on Preston's 30/30 season, but JP was damn good in '04... But I'm sure Preston's gigantic year in Colorado will be the best for their CFers. Funny, we swapped JP for PW... lol.
    fanofthefish likes this.
  8. fanofthefish

fanofthefish The Grinch's Biggest Fan

Uggla had all the range of a Daisy air rifle, so yeah I guess the few balls he could actually get he made less errors on, also wasn't 2008 the year Uggla made three errors in the all-star game?
    Entendu likes this.
  9. That all star game has given uggla such a bad rap on defense. He's no defensive wizard but he's better than people think because that horrid night in Yankee stadium was just so painfully bad that the rest of the planet thinks uggla can't field a single groundball, ever.
    EricWiener likes this.