Change background image

Stupidest things in current marlins lore

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by pollyvonwog, Dec 18, 2013.

1. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

How many games have you watched Keys and Cox play in?
  2. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Keys, a handful, Cox none in person, just quite a bit of video and research.
  3. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

So then why are you criticizing me for using statistics if your "eyes" have hardly seen these guys? I'd also like to see a link for this "quite a bit of video" you've watched, because I'm dubious.
  4. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Even s*** can look appetizing when watching the highlights.
  5. Erick

Erick Marlin

I watched Adeiny Hechavarria one day in Philadelphia and he had 7 RBI's that day. I watched that game and he was like...the best hitter ever. I do not need to look at the stats to know anything because did you see what he did that one day?!?!?
    pollyvonwog likes this.
  6. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

I bet he's seen like 30 seconds of video. He probably hasn't seen Keys either.
  7. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Guys, I have my opinions, I've made arguments for them before, let's just not get into it again. Let time decide who is right and wrong, and let's move on.
  8. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

But you made those opinions based almost entirely on stats (you've tried to argue for those opinions upon them), and you are bashing me for formulating my opinions based upon stats. That's hypocrisy.
  9. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Yes, it is. And to be fair, you're just as hypocritical because you feel that the stats I use don't apply when they've been working for decades. Maybe we're both not wrong to have our opinions, because they're both backed by statistics and both make sense? Maybe we'll just find out who is right and who is wrong over time? That's generally how it works with prospects, friend.
  10. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

First of all, it isn't really true to say that "conventional" stats have worked for decades. Secondly, you have demonstrated that you don't even apply those well.

You can try to use numbers, but that doesn't mean that your opinion is "backed" up by statistics. Statistics can be misused and I am far from the only person here to point that out to you.
    mystikol87 likes this.
  11. Jokersgoon

Jokersgoon Squall's Bench Coach

Adeiny to me is like a clone of A-Gon.. And that's fine
  12. SongInTheAir

SongInTheAir So it goes.

The only inaccuracy here is that A-Gon was decent at baseball, Adeiny is one of the worst players in the Major Leagues.
    pollyvonwog likes this.
  13. YearOneMarlinFan

YearOneMarlinFan Grasshopper

:D I think you forgot who is arguing with you! That's just not going to happen.
  14. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

Wild card, my little bit of advice :

An elephant never forgets, so let that fat f*** argue with himself.

Alot less headaches , and maybe he'll eventually go play with his own peanuts.
  15. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

A lot
  16. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

And yet you keep antagonizing. Is another attempt at a psychoanalytic reading around the corner perhaps?
  17. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

So you guys aren't content to derail just one thread now?
  18. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

This thread is all about making fun of dumb things that people say here. I'd say it is firmly on the rails.
  19. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

That's fine, but getting into constant personal arguments is certainly a derail
    YearOneMarlinFan likes this.
  20. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Seriously. Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in.