Change background image

The Walking Dead - Spoilers Ahead

Discussion in 'Outfield' started by Iowa, Nov 1, 2010.

1. TheUFO

TheUFO Muckdog

As a set-up espidoe, would have been great. As a finale, effin HORRIBLE.

1. NO Closure on the governor and his croneys. Probably gonna be a drawn out storyline that will drag out next season. I always loved that every finale so far led us to something more. Season one, gettin the hell out of atlanta and the CDC "on the road again". Season 2 was the finding of the prison and all its possibilities. Now, more stupid prison. Even Lori was smart enough to get the hell out of dodge.
    2. The old people going back to the prison is ridiculous. Now, we have club med. Ive said it before, this show is at its best when the characters are out of the safety of their confines and surviving in the open. I want more of this and it wont happen while they're shacked up.
    3. Andrea/Milton were the main deaths of the finale? Really? 2 characters pretty much nobody liked, killed in pretty much the same part of the storyline. great.
    4. I dont know how I feel about Carl's dark side. I think Rick needs to stop being Carl's bitch and put him in his place.

What else do you guys think?
  2. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

I think I'm still mad at that finale.

Best part was Andrea dying. Hilarious how they tried to make it emotional as if anyone liked her.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

I don't miss the show at all, tells you everything you need to know about the finale.
  4. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

I am excited for a new season, but I'm far from eager or anticipating it. This season was a roller coaster filled with really high highs and really high lows.

Honestly they could've left the govna alive and ended on the Merle episode and I would've been so much more pleased. That episode was one of the best in the whole series.
  5. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

I think once Breaking Bad ends and/or October nears, the anticipation will kick in. Especially when the Season 4 trailer gets released.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

I'm really looking forward to Breaking Bad so maybe you're right about that.
    1 person likes this.
  7. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

When am I ever wrong Larry?
  8. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

9. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

My thoughts on the season premier (I don't read the graphic novels)

I rate it a 7/10, and I'm giving it an extra point because I've really enjoyed this show, and hope this season is as good or better than last. I don't like the jail environment, and think it needs to change mid season.

Uh oh. Looks like nerds will eventually lose the battle against the virus and turn into walkers. When glasses was going to the showers, and approached the water pump, I didn't think he was turning. I thought he was just very sick. And since the party that left to walmart for supplies went through an abandoned camp with medical supplies, I definitely thought he was going to puke into the water supply for the showers and get a lot of people sick. That would have been decent I think. To show that it's not only walkers and people that can kill a person, but severe illness as well. Kinda brings things back into perspective for the viewer that they are living very basically. I guess we will see what qualifies a person to lose the battle against the virus. And hopefully this reintroduces the hope, however slim, that a cure exists or can be developed.

Good thing peg leg santa didn't die last season or their little farm would probably be even crappier. It also looks like they are keeping the theme of Rick putting all the responsibility on his shoulders. He is the leader, fighter, recruiter, and now farmer for the entire camp. Speaking of recruiting, that dirty chick was very scary. Rick only follows her because he knows she has lost it, and needs to believe people can come back from that (or turning, not sure). Hershel reassures him they do, and that Rick already did it.

As we all know they kept the govna alive, and it looks like they are keeping his threat alive too. The lone samurai is apparently still trying to find him, and wants to go to Macon to look around. I doubt we last this season without an encounter, and most likely the group, at least a team of them, will travel to Macon at one point. Should be interesting as long as the entire focus isn't on the govna. I'm over it.

That alcoholic guy got someone killed because he couldn't walk past wine...WINE. WHY NOT GO FOR SOME SWEETWATER BLUE?! It was everywhere! That was the most unrealistic part of this entire series. When they got back from shopping, and Daryl let Beth know that Zach died, and there was a very...awkward, sexual tension hug. I really thought they were about to kiss, and was like...come on. Don't do this show. Good thing I just misinterpreted that scene.
  10. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

I was assuming that glasses had the swine flu, same thing that apparently killed the pig. He died from it while trying to cool down his fever in the shower. He turned since everyone turns when they die. With the swine flu going around and now one walker in the prison-- it adds multiple threats. I agree about getting them out of the prison, I'm getting tired of the setting a bit. Maybe someone should have "Peg Leg Santa" (stealing it) check out the pig situation since he was a vet before he became whatever he is.

I was glad not to see the Governor, I was really really tired of that storyline even more than the prison. Though he will be back unfortunately I am sure.

The walkers falling thru the roof of the store was cool for FX but why hadn't they fallen in the past? They were presumably walking around the roof beforehand.

It was good, nothing great. Probably weak in terms of premieres of the show but it's nice to have it back.

I say 6/10.
  11. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

I didn't even connect the dead pig to dying glasses. Nice, and I like that better than what I was thinking.

The reason the walkers fell through is because they were all attracted to the weak spot by the loud sound. The added weight of a bunch of walkers on that area caused it to collapse.
  12. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

It was a decent premiere. A little slow compared to the previous seasons but not bad. From the look of the both the trailer for season 4 and last night's preview, it looks like it should be an intense season and the disease factor will be a great new threat.

And thank f***ing god that Maggie isn't preggers.
  13. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

I didn't see the preview, any link to see it online?
  14. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

15. Entendu

Entendu sXe

I want to get Maggie preggers.
  16. The minute I saw that they had a sick pig, my immediate thought was disease vectors. Pig to human (and vice-versa) is a very common jump.
  17. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

I watched it late at 3:00 AM last night. My thoughts...

Slow start to the season, but necessary because of the way they ended season 3. Something had to happen with all of those people. I'm not a fan of the prison, and I'm really really not a fan of it being all civilized the way it is. As Larry said though, I don't like the gov'na storyline either, so I hope that fate doesn't go anymore than 3-4 episodes before it's done. And I hope that storyline takes the prison with it. I also don't like how some crazed chick walked up to Rick and took her back to her 'camp' and it was a dinky piece of s***. Small aside, how could she have survived this long out in the open, yet prisons and farmouses and campsites and whatnot have continuously given them trouble?

Anyways, on the store raid scene... they could've done it a little better with spawning zombies than just having them drop through random holes, but just one massive hole where tons were spawned. But it was a good idea, and I won't knock it. Would be cool to see if Blackie actually got infected from sticking his hand somewhere in that zombie head or something...

But I guess Glasses ruins the idea of a ticking time bomb because now we've got an onset infection in the prison. I was hoping that pig would come back as zombie pig, but Zombie glasses was a good idea. Question is... how do they play it? Does his zombie get multiple people while they're sleeping? Does somebody try to help him and they get infected? Does somebody secretly get infected by him? Anyways, that's all to be seen. I'm excited for it.

Once again, slow episode but good lead up. Havoc is about to happen in the prison and I hope a lot of those stupid filler characters die and they get the f*** out of that stupid prison, and start being nomadic again (that tends to be the best type of Walking Dead episode).

7/10, and only because it set up for something great. Score is subject to change if nothing cool happens.
  18. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Anyone have guesses on who burned the bodies?
  19. Entendu

Entendu sXe

20. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

He had just set fire elsewhere which I guess helps that theory but I'm not so sure. Whoever burned them was probably the same person that killed them as well. Trail of blood showing they were murdered and then dragged outside to be burnt.