Change background image

The Walking Dead - Spoilers Ahead

Discussion in 'Outfield' started by Iowa, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Entendu

Entendu sXe

I hate most of the women too
  2. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

Michonne is the only one I don't hate and really haven't hated. Carol's aight, she used to be nothing but deadweight and zombie fodder but they gave her character some depth. Still, nothing special. The rest of them though... so dumb. Kinda wish that lesbian chick would've stuck around tho.
  3. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

Andrea is the only one I never really liked. Didn't mind Lori too much. Carol is awesome. Michonne is good. Maggie is good too.
  4. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Maggie...so delicious. I've liked Maggie and Michonne.
  5. Dr Beinfest

Maggie was cool until this season. She had the whole Glen thing where she started acting like a woman and doing irrational things and I started to hate her pretty quickly.
  6. Entendu

Entendu sXe

I'll add that I love Maggie because she's hot and not retarded. Lori was f***ing retarded. Michonne is also pretty bad ass. Oh, and Carol was badass this season; before this season she was pretty bad.
  7. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

You could say that was her character development. In season 1, she was a frail, abused housewife under the shadow of her aggressive husband. Season 2 she was a grieving mother, still frail, and found comfort at some level with Daryl. By Season 3 she was a completely different woman. Proficient with weapons, not afraid to kill or make hard choices.
    Entendu likes this.
  8. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

RIP Herschel head
  9. Dr Beinfest

So that "mid season premiere" was probably one of the worst episodes in the entire series.

Aside from Michonne's flashback, there was almost no substance in the episode. There was backtracking and reverse growth of characters (something they seem to like to do a lot? see Governor, The). At some point Carl can hold his own in a battle with other people, returning fire, etc.? And he can fire a semi automatic rifle and fight off a zombie horde, but he can't handle three walkers with his handgun?

They accomplished in one hour what I expected them to accomplish in 15 minutes.
  10. Dr Beinfest

On an interesting side note -- Michonne's method of dumbing down zombies and using them as repellent... did nobody ever think it might be a good idea to actually ride with this idea? Perhaps put some zombies on stakes and make "safe zones"? paths that are cleared for walking by virtue of zombie stakes. Makes sense to me.
  11. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

This season should be known as the "Dragging their feet" season
  12. Dr Beinfest

Even seasons suck.
  13. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

Meh, I disagree. I enjoyed the episode.

Carl was an asshole this episode. But teenagers his age are assholes. Lets not forget that he's had everything taken away from him TWICE now. In the past year he's lost a father-figure in Shane, his mother, his baby sister (for all he knows) and now the whole group. This episode revolved around him trying to prove himself as a man, not just to his father but to himself. And for the most part he failed. His arrogance almost got him killed twice. He still needs Rick, and Rick needs Carl more than ever now.

One shot that stood out was Carl going into the room that clearly belonged to a teenager. It was such a brief reminder of what life used to be for a kid his age. But the only useful thing left now was just a power cord to use as rope.

It's also nice to finally know who those pets Michonne had in season 3 are. I think they go a different route in the comics as who they are, but I can't remember. But this was a huge character episode for Michonne. We learn why she cried when holding Judith earlier in the season. We learn that she doesn't want to be a distant loner anymore when she went bats*** crazy on her walker-lookalike. If she doesn't want to start living and be open, she might as well be dead already. And I really like the dreamlike flashback sequence as well.

Regarding Carl not being able to take on one zombie when he can clear a whole herd, its a completely different scenario. He wasn't being overpowered in close quarters with no way of defending himself back at the prison. He also didn't have his Dad right next to him firing an automatic weapon like something out of Gears of War. We've seen it happen to Rick in almost the EXACT same scenario in "18 Miles Out", after Shane and Rick brawled it out at that junkyard place. Going up against multiple zombies when they're right on top of you is a completely different scenario than fighting from a far.

[​IMG]
  14. Dr Beinfest

Pretty sure in the comics her "pets" are the same people. What appears to be a lover and a co-worker/friend of sorts.

That teenager, Carl? A year or so has passed by in this show and somehow an 8 year old boy is like... 13 now.
  15. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

Well, little they can do about that lol
  16. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

For real. f***ing writers can't hold true to the graphic novel. They need to put that little bastard in suspended animation between seasons.
  17. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

For Lost fans, Carl's growth is very reminiscent of Wallllllllllllllllllllllllllt. Nothing they can do about it.
  18. Dr Beinfest

Supposedly he was 12 when the show started and now he's 14. He passes for 14 now, but he definitely didn't pass for 12 during the 1st season.
  19. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

Beth is actually 53.
  20. Entendu

Entendu sXe

I liked this episode. I also noticed the scene where Carl stares at the Xbox games in awe, but pushes them aside to use the cord. That was very good. I also liked that they're showing us another side of Michone.