Change background image

Trae Turner or Jacob Gatewood?

Discussion in 'Minor League Baseball' started by Eddie Altamonte, Sep 8, 2013.

1. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

"What we do know" allows for a lot of variables, including the unknown.

Why are you nitpicking? It's really not a big deal. These could be a pair of options to draft next season, it's a hypothetical on where they could go based on their current abilities, assuming they progress properly. That's it. I'm not saying, "yeah, we're drafting this guy and in 2016 he'll be our #2 hitter." No, I'm listing a possibility.

If I want to get really technical, these are two future minor league players, thus they're discussed in the minor league forums.
  2. MiamiFan

MiamiFan Grasshopper

The only certainty we have is that we need a middle infield. Our current starters are lower tier players.
  3. Entendu

Entendu sXe

"What we do know" allows for a lot of variables, including the unknown.

Why are you nitpicking? It's really not a big deal. These could be a pair of options to draft next season, it's a hypothetical on where they could go based on their current abilities, assuming they progress properly. That's it. I'm not saying, "yeah, we're drafting this guy and in 2016 he'll be our #2 hitter." No, I'm listing a possibility.

If I want to get really technical, these are two future minor league players, thus they're discussed in the minor league forums.

It's not really a big deal. You've written more than twice as much as I have in our back-and-forth.

And I understand what you're discussing. I just find it odd. You can do whatever you'd like, though. I'm doing whatever I like by calling it odd.

and I think your last sentence would be getting less technical, not more.
  4. Eddie Altamonte

Eddie Altamonte Hammerhead

There is no way of knowing what the Marlins will do in the draft....when they selected Fernandez in the draft I thought he would not be an impact prospect (Goes to show that how much I know!) I don't think anyone projected him to be this good this fast...We go by what we read online, most of whom barely ever seen these kids if at all. It doesn't stop me from spending hours on end online to try to see who will be tomorrow stars. These kids all have a way to go before anyone will give them HOF consideration...However talent is seen very early.
    BTW The Marlins need SS and 3rd basemans and these kids are rated as being the best
  5. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

I want us to sign Sergio Mitre just to see Spike's reaction when Solano is playing behind Mitre.
  6. fanofthefish

fanofthefish The Grinch's Biggest Fan

Rab would probably be in favor of that!!!
  7. Spike

Spike Hammerhead

Yep. Adding one of the worst pitchers in baseball in Mitre to a lineup that includes two of the worst(arguably the two worst) hitters in baseball in Solano and Hech just out of spite isnt stupid at all.
  8. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Yeah, cause I was being serious.
    2 people like this.
  9. Spike

Spike Hammerhead

Hard to tell.
  10. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

No it's not.
  11. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Hope we extend Solano.
  12. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

Are you saying we need a Babe Ruth League forum?
  13. canefandynasty

canefandynasty Hammerhead

I like Gatewood better. I feel he has more upside/potential, especially with his power. He's being compared to Tulo and AROD by experts. Rodon or him for me.
  14. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

If we get #1 overall, Rodon is the clear-cut winner, I'd say. Fernandez, Rodon, Heaney in the same rotation? Jizz. [Assuming the latter 2 pan out and Fernandez keeps it up]
  15. Erick

Erick Marlin

I remember your Sergio Mitre hatred. It was kind of weird.
  16. Spike

Spike Hammerhead

Well he was terrible in every sense of the word.
  17. Erick

Erick Marlin

He did have that very good 1st half with us one time.
  18. 97marlin

97marlin Grasshopper

I know Trae Turner is more highly thought of, but Mike Papi of UVA had better numbers in a good conference last year. I say if he is better than turner come june we should draft him. Unless there is a possibility to get him late in the first round.
  19. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Late in the first round, as in our compensation pick from not being able to sign our second pick last year?
  20. Entendu

Entendu sXe

I like Trae Turner's kind of player better.

And it means we have someone to replace Adeiny when he signs that multiyear blockbuster deal with the Yankees he deserves.