Change background image

Ughhh.. Dan Carpenter...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TheUFO, Sep 23, 2012.

1. TheUFO

TheUFO Muckdog

I know he is not a very popular guy right now, but we have to blame our play calling late in the game as well... Plus, icing the kicker? Kill me. Same ol' Dolphins. Pretty good game, the poop themselves in the end.
  2. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

Icing the kicker should only be implemented from long distances.

However, I don't think it genuinely made a difference. That kick wasn't going to be blocked if the whistle wasn't blown. The whole o-line from the Jets fell over.
  3. Qbanj69

Qbanj69 Sun

I say it's about 20% Carpenters fault 80% playcalling. When all you need is a fieldgoal to win and time is not a factor, pass pass run on the 30Ish yard lIne is inexcusable
  4. PhxPhin

PhxPhin Hammerhead

play calling was brutal and tannehill missed at least one clear read ....... he went sideline on that one pass when a guy flashed wide open about 7 yards out in the middle of the field ...... you have timeouts and a good amount of clock and are in the far end of FG range

don't be afraid to use the whole field and there is definitely no reason to start lobbing end zone passes
  5. MaXx

MaXx Bits of Real Panther .

Hopefully it's rookie mistakes, but he lobbed two in the end zone at the end of regulation and one more in OT when all that was necessary was to advance the ball.
  6. TheUFO

TheUFO Muckdog

I do have to say that i've been pleasently surprised by Tannehill so far this season. He hasn't been the trainwreck I was waiting for. Let's hope he continues to develop, and we may have FINALLY found a suitable QB for the franchise.
  7. LRizzle

LRizzle Hammerhead

Rookie QB, rookie HC. It was a heartbreaking game but they look decent out there. I actually feel like the playcalling was far more to blame than anything else. And icing the kicker on their part was smart because Carpenter had already missed a kick, I agree with that call. But icing a kicker 20 yards out? I mean... call the right plays you jackass and stop worrying about gambling on icing a kicker.
  8. Erick

Erick Marlin

What was so bad about the playcalling in the game?
    If Carpenter hits a 48-yard FG, the Dolphins are 2-1 and Joe Philbin is a candidate for coach of the year 3 games into the season.
  9. TheUFO

TheUFO Muckdog

it seemed like they could have set themselves up for an easier field goal at the end by going for short passes, but instead chose to go for the touchdown on 2 back to back plays that looked identical.
  10. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

That was on Tannehill, not the playcalling. They didn't force him to go deep to Hartline on back to back passes.

I loved the play calling. It was aggressive. Complete opposite of Sparano. Tannehill just failed to execute.
  11. Qbanj69

Qbanj69 Sun

Run.The.Ball.
    1 person likes this.
  12. MaXx

MaXx Bits of Real Panther .

Yep, they had timeouts, could have run the ball comfortably twice at the end of regulation and still saved a timeout for the field goal unit if it didn't work.
  13. LRizzle

LRizzle Hammerhead

He missed another one vs the Cards that also would've avoided OT and given us the win. Just sayin'.
    One season you're a probowler and another season you're one of the main reasons your team is 1-3 instead of 3-1 or 2-2.
    1 person likes this.
  14. If the `phins had the "extra something" that makes a talented team a winning team, they would be 4-1
  15. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

If Dan Carpenter wasn't Mr. Wide Left, we'd be 4-1.
  16. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

I think we'll be 3-3 entering the bye. That's not so bad.
  17. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

You're the world's biggest optimist Ash.

But honestly, I've come to the realization that this is a 6-10/7-9 team, again. Not horrible, but not good. We are the Houston Rockets if the NFL.
  18. Erick

Erick Marlin

LRizzle = Ashraf?
  19. Erick

Erick Marlin

They have 3 tough games left on the schedule. The rest are very winnable. I could see them going 9-7...
  20. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

I'm Ashraf.