Change background image

Webb and Coghlan Non-Tendered

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Larry, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

If we ever stop doing these, I may have to start using Salty language in my posts.
    floridafly likes this.
  2. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

It does stink to lose Webb, he was a great Cogh in the bullpen.
    floridafly likes this.
  3. I dunno it makes sense to me. Webb's era last year was more a result of luck than anything. He really didn't do anything different than 2012 except get lucky. His BB rate still stinks and so does his k rate. His chances of replicating 2012 are higher than his chances of replicating 2013. However, someone will sign him and he'll definitely get that $2-3m # (and be even worse because he doesn't have marlins park to hold those Hrs).
  4. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

You think the Marlins FO cares about peripherals? :mike2
    Entendu and BenderRobot like this.
  5. lol. maybe those 2 new guys they hired are actually having a say. Otherwise on the complete and utter surface, Webb would seem like a shoe-in for a RP at $2-3m.
  6. h2r09

h2r09 Hammerhead

Thank the lord. Ryan Webb is awful. don't let his pitching park numbers fool you, he is not a reliable arm out of any bullpen. He is incredibly replaceable for a cheap price. His whip for his career is near 1.4 despite pitching in the two best ballparks in the league his entire career.

Cogs is kinda bittersweet but it was time to move on. No clue what has happened to him since his rookie year but he's a good guy and i hope he finds success somewhere.
  7. Fish4Life

Fish4Life Do you bleed Marlins Baseball?

Just to clarify, sort of confused… when non-tendered a player CANNOT resign with a team?
  8. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I'm like 99% sure that's incorrect. You can always non tender a player that would make too much via arbitration (Coghs) and re-sign him to a lesser deal.
  9. Fish4Life

Fish4Life Do you bleed Marlins Baseball?

Got ya! But does he have to pass through waivers or something before talking with same team of no.
  10. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

No, they are immediately free agents.
  11. Okay

#Marlins president of baseball operations Michael Hill said team is still trying to re-sign Chris Coghlan, who was non-tendered Monday
  12. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

We do need an ambassador to Jesus.
  13. Erick

Erick Marlin

Cishek > Coghlan
  14. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

His Jesus is better than the other Jesus.
  15. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Glad to hear that. He is just fine off the bench, can play third, second, and all three OF spots. Sign him to a minor league deal and move on.
  16. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Very true.
    pollyvonwog likes this.
  17. He technically can play them but he is really really really bad at doing so (some worse than others). I agree though, minor league deal and lez go.
  18. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Bring back Coghlan! I want another $100 potentially from my man polly.
  19. I wouldn't worry too much. Adeiny and Solano are still on the team after all.
  20. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

I would just let Coghlan go. I think a change of scenery would do him some good.