Change background image

Who is going to get more ABs for the Miami Marlins in 2014.....Dietrich, Lucas or Solano?

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Backin2008, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

I think it will be Lucas, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were Solano as the Fish like him for some reason.
  2. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Dietrich. He will start at second, third, or both for much of the season if/when McGehee and/or Furcal fail and will get 300+ ab's. Lucas will also get between 200-300 ab's as a platoon and reserve guy. Solano will have 100-200 ab's moving up and down between New Orleans and Miami all year...
  3. Erick

Erick Marlin

Solano. The front office seems like to his intangibles even though he's actually the worst one of the three.
    pollyvonwog likes this.
  4. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

5. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

Lucas - against their better judgement they'll finally relent and platoon him at 1B.

Would rather Dietrich get a season of AAA.
    pollyvonwog likes this.
  6. Questions like remind me how bad this season is going to suck
    FutureGM and Hotcorner like this.
  7. Retro_Marlins

Retro_Marlins Hammerhead

8. Jokersgoon

Jokersgoon Squall's Bench Coach

Dietrich -- I think he surprises people during spring training outperforming Casey for the 3rd base job
  9. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I am probably the biggest Dietrich fan here... But he would really have to dominate to win that job. McGehee is here on a Major League deal to be the starting guy. As I mentioned, I could see Dietrich taking over a spot by June, but even that's optimistic.
  10. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

It's probably Solano, since they seem to be putting a lot on Furcal considering he was hurt most of last year and would be playing out of position at age 36.
  11. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

Dietrich is the best player of these 3, but Lucas is going to get the most AB's. It's absolutely insane the Marlins aren't going to platoon Lucas at either 3B or 1B to start next year. It should be an easy decision.