most amazing thing YOU'VE seen during a game

METSrosexual

i was watching some old tapes and came across a play from 1989 that i have never seen anyone come close to doing again since. who remembers Kevin Mitchell of the Giants catching an Ozzie Smith line drive/pop fly with his bare hand? this was and is the most amazing play ive seen, he caught the ball on the run over his head. unreal.

I saw Edgar Renteria hit a game winning single in the bottom of the 11th of a World Series Game 7. It was cool.

Other than that? I almost saw the cycle. Dmitri Young had 2 HRs, a triple, and a single. He smokes the ball off the wall to left, and you're thinking double. But the fielder misplays the ball a little, and Dmitri legs out his 2nd triple. Should've been an error. But Dmitri earned my ever-lasting respect that day.

I saw a triple play the other day... The rest of the game was painful to watch though. Angels Crushed the White Sox.

The funny part was just one batter before the triple play happened, I was joking with my friend that we had them just where we wanted them; bases loaded, nobody out, ready for the triple play

I think he actually meant the most amazing play you have seen ... but whatever

ummm as far as I can remember one of the most jaw dropping things ive seen was that Dave Parker throw to home-plate to nail someone ... it was the most amazing bullet throw ever.

... besides that its Ozzie Smith doing backflips :anon

Other than that? I almost saw the cycle. Dmitri Young had 2 HRs, a triple, and a single. He smokes the ball off the wall to left, and you're thinking double. But the fielder misplays the ball a little, and Dmitri legs out his 2nd triple. Should've been an error. But Dmitri earned my ever-lasting respect that day.

461893[/snapback]

Dmitri was a beast that day.

I was at game 4 of the NLDS, when Conine threw out Drew at the plate.? That was the only series-clinching game played at home this season, and the place exploded.

461954[/snapback]

I dont think Drew has every played with the Giants but i was there when Conine guned out Snow at the plate! And the night before when Pudge singled to score 2 runs including the walk off run when Pierre scored and when Cruz droped the flyball to let the rally begin. And i went to 2 WS game (including Rockets "last game") And went to all home games vs the Cubbies.

Last years NLDS was far and away the most tense, dramatic and wonderful thing I have ever been to, and I went to the NLCS and the Series in Yankee Stadium and in Fla.

Sooooooooooooooooooo much drama and so many great "moments." Like Conine, Pudge, Dontrelle's triple, Pavano's absolute clutchness...how far we've fallen :confused .

Guest marlins02

conine/pudge's play at the plate in game 4 against the giants. i pretty much tackled my dad when that happened. most amazing experience ive ever had at a ball park.

i would mention cruz dropping that fly the night before but i was in the parking lot running to my car to get to a radio to findout what happened. the first and LAST time i ever take my sister to a game.

also, i got to mention that incredible Indians comeback on the mariners in august of 2001. that was so f***ing incredible. i cant believe i had the luck of putting that game back on and leaving it right as the comeback was starting.

I saw Edgar Renteria hit a game winning single in the bottom of the 11th of a World Series Game 7. It was cool.

461893[/snapback]

Edgar Renteria's game winning hit was the most amazing and exciting!