Welcome Guest

Navigation

Welcome to MarlinsBaseball.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
  • Loading Countdowns
Photo

8/20/07 Giants @ Marlins - Operation Salvage Karma

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
170 replies to this topic

Orlando Rays

Orlando Rays

Always bringing the :mischief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
The burning question... can a rookie step in and lead the Marlins to glory?

(Hey, if Anibal Sanchez can do it, why can't I?)

On July 2, 2007, I stepped into the Sons of Sam Horn's Lurker Nation and began a game thread. It started a four-game winning streak.

I've studied some historic game threads and recent ones, and I see the rules are the same. Essentially, you win, you come back. But with no "Lurker Nation" buffer, I'm essentially calling myself up to the big leagues here.

This is a different environment, but similar in some respects. No Green Monster, though we do have a Teal Monster. Fenway has a 420-foot cranny in dead center. DS has a 434-foot cranny in left-center. No extremely deep right field corner. Just extremely deep EVERYWHERE!!! Instead of the Massachusetts Turnpike, we have Florida's Turnpike. No Charles River "Dirty Water". Just South Florida Water Management District Canal 9.

Yes, this is a big stadium. This is the big time. And I'm ready.

Sergio Mitre had some good days in May. I'm certain he can channel them again. Can't say the same for Russ Ortiz, though.

Outside of Baroid, the Giants truly suck. It's time to give them a subtle reminder rude awakening.

I can sense it. Something wonderful is ready to happen for the Fish. It's a shame only 5,000 people will see it, since school starts today.

Now saddle up and get behind the good guys! We need to win. We can win! I want this team to get on a tear and steamroll through St. Louis this week. There's another stiff over there that needs a subtle reminder rude awakening.

WIN!!!

:gofisht

TSwift25

TSwift25

Bring on Contraction!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,535 posts
yay new guy

HungryFish06

HungryFish06

Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
BE GOOD NEW BEAR

:wave :gofishb :gofisht :Smash :Smash :Smash :Batter :ole :banana :banana :banana :banana :clapping :clapping :clapping :arms :arms :arms :brigginbounce :brigginbounce :brigginbounce :brigginbounce

Also, forgive me if I sound dumb but, how do you embed videos in a post?

Rabbethan

Rabbethan

Member of Captain Mitre's Pirate Crew

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,926 posts
NEW GUY RULES!!!
And still remember everyone:

CTMarlinsfan

CTMarlinsfan

Saltdog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
I love day baseball!!! I am feeling a litttle under the weather, but I will still be there!

to embed from youtube, there is an embed code on the right hand side...copy it and paste into a full reply (not fast reply) and at the bottom select HTML on auto line break

Orlando Rays

Orlando Rays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
Day baseball on a Monday. What an odd concept. :rolleyes:

I'll probably be silent during the 7th inning. That's around the time I'll be coming home from work.

While I'm here, I'll tell you about a kind of mojo I tripped over when I was doing threads at Sons of Sam Horn: Chutney mojo.

Someone once mentioned Chase Utley once in passing in a game thread. It reminded me of a joke flash cartoon I once saw with a catchy, repeating verse about chutney. So I posted these lyrics:

This is a song, it's a song about Utley.
Utley, Utley, Utley, Utley.

I posted a link to the cartoon so people knew what I was talking about: http://www.weebls-st...m/toons/chutney

I decided to keep it playing during an inning, and wouldn't you know it? The Red Sox went on a huge rally. People kept it going by posting pictures of bottles of mango chutney, like this:

(This isn't the one I usually post. I'm at work, and they block SoSH for some reason, so I can't find the pic I usually use.)

It's still a very good form of mojo to this day.

CTMarlinsfan

CTMarlinsfan

Saltdog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
REMEMBER: It's the first day of school and some bus drivers think they own the road...

so ALWAYS yield to school buses!!!

Rally Little League World Series dancer moment:

(she definently scared that kid!)

and of course, our weather report!

HungryFish06

HungryFish06

Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
My own rally music!

CTMarlinsfan

CTMarlinsfan

Saltdog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
off to the stadium now with a quick stop to make my Mitre poster

HungryFish06

HungryFish06

Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
Remember everyone:

MarlinFan10

MarlinFan10

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,776 posts
A day game on the first day of school in Broward and Miami-Dade, brilliant!

furcalchick

furcalchick

McCann the Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts
A day game on the first day of school in Broward and Miami-Dade, brilliant!

palm beach doesn't start till wednesday.

Orlando Rays

Orlando Rays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
Remember everyone:

Now that's heavy-dute mojo. Miguel Cabrera is the chosen one, and the MVP of the National League.

Orlando Rays

Orlando Rays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
Lineup for FLA:

Ramirez SS
De Aza CF
Willingham LF
Jacobs 1B
Uggla 2B
Olivo C
Hermida RF
Amezaga 3B
Mitre P

I'm new here, but considering there's no Cabrera... is this good, or bad?

PS: No Bonds for SF.

Benched

Benched

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,668 posts
"I'm glad we're getting chances!"

HOW ABOUT YOU FREAKING CAPITALIZE?

hanley2

hanley2

Vamanos Miguelito

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
Lineup for FLA:

Ramirez SS
De Aza CF
Willingham LF
Jacobs 1B
Uggla 2B
Olivo C
Hermida RF
Amezaga 3B
Mitre P

obviously we'd rather have miggy in the lineup. i dont see how it could ever be good. fredi said he was a late scratch. gotta love those informative comments. fredi being fredi. im just happy he didnt hit jason wood 3rd. miggy probably didnt finish lunch in time.

hanley2

hanley2

Vamanos Miguelito

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
BE GOOD NEW BEAR

:wave :gofishb :gofisht :Smash :Smash :Smash :Batter :ole :banana :banana :banana :banana :clapping :clapping :clapping :arms :arms :arms :brigginbounce :brigginbounce :brigginbounce :brigginbounce

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Guest_iFesta_*

Guest_iFesta_*
  • Guests
RALLY MUSIC

Orlando Rays

Orlando Rays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
obviously we'd rather have miggy in the lineup. i dont see how it could ever be good. fredi said he was a late scratch. gotta love those informative comments. fredi being fredi. im just happy he didnt hit jason wood 3rd. miggy probably didnt finish lunch in time.
What, are Fredi and Manny long-lost brothers?

BeefWillingham

BeefWillingham

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
Lineup for FLA:

Ramirez SS
De Aza CF
Willingham LF
Jacobs 1B
Uggla 2B
Olivo C
Hermida RF
Amezaga 3B
Mitre P

Fredi MUST divulge ALL internal information to hanley2

JUGS batting cages