14 replies to this topic

#1 yenta

yenta

You can put lipstick on a Marlin: it's still a Mar

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1,342 posts

Posted August 18 2007 - 02:32 PM

For centuries, Hindu women have worn a dot on their foreheads. Most of us have naively thought this was connected with marriage or
    religion, but the Indian Embassy in Washington, D.C. has recently revealed the true story.

When a Hindu woman gets married, she brings a dowry into the union.
    On her wedding night, the husband scratches off the dot to see whether he has won a convenience store, a gas station, a donut shop or a motel in the United States. If nothing is there, he must take a job in India answering telephones giving technical advice.

#2 CYmarlins

CYmarlins

5 0

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 3,521 posts

Posted August 18 2007 - 05:02 PM

If nothing is there, he must take a job in India answering telephones giving technical advice.

Microsoft?

#3 yenta

yenta

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1,342 posts

Posted August 19 2007 - 08:20 AM

If nothing is there, he must take a job in India answering telephones giving technical advice.

Microsoft?

Dell, Apple- all of them....

#4 HelmsE

HelmsE

Дивак

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 630 posts

Posted August 21 2007 - 01:20 AM

Is this a joke or just borderline racist?

#5 JJ24

JJ24

Hammerhead

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1,753 posts

Posted August 21 2007 - 07:12 AM

Like people don't make fun of Americans

#6 El Guapo

El Guapo

Go Fish

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 3,051 posts

Posted August 21 2007 - 10:52 AM

i can't stand calling Dell... I dont understand a damn word they say....

#7 yankeefan21

yankeefan21

Hammerhead

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 3,066 posts

Posted August 21 2007 - 10:58 AM

I have no problems with off-shore support. I do think it's funny how some companies try to hide it. My favorite part is how they all have their "Americanized" call center names:
    "Allo ind tank you fo colling Dell, dis is Jeff, may I hive yor nime pleace?"

"That's a lovely accent. Where are you located? Austin?" :lol

#8 yankeefan21

yankeefan21

Hammerhead

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 3,066 posts

Posted August 21 2007 - 11:01 AM

Is this a joke or just borderline racist?

A little from column A... a little from column B...

#9 MarlinFan10

MarlinFan10

Paranoid Android

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 11,853 posts

Posted August 25 2007 - 02:43 PM

Funny I suppose, but I grew up with a different view of Indians. When I think of Indians, I always think of how f***ing good they are at math. They are the smartest group of people in the world despite our stereotypes.

#10 yenta

yenta

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1,342 posts

Posted August 26 2007 - 01:20 PM

I have no problems with off-shore support. I do think it's funny how some companies try to hide it. My favorite part is how they all have their "Americanized" call center names:
    "Allo ind tank you fo colling Dell, dis is Jeff, may I hive yor nime pleace?"

"That's a lovely accent. Where are you located? Austin?" :lol

What I enjoy is sometimes you can actually hear them click through the manuals. I can do that myself...

Once, I caught one talking to two people. He came back and told me to do something totally unrelated to what my problem was. Wow- talk about multitasking. I told him to stick to one customer at a time....

#11 louiecastillo1

louiecastillo1

You're killing me, Smalls!

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 4,804 posts

Posted August 29 2007 - 10:39 PM

Funny I suppose, but I grew up with a different view of Indians. When I think of Indians, I always think of how f***ing good they are at math. They are the smartest group of people in the world despite our stereotypes.

Asians are the ones good at math, not indians.

#12 juanpierre

juanpierre

Peanut

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 670 posts

Posted August 30 2007 - 07:35 AM

You have to be kidding. India is a part of Asia, get a map Miss South Carolina. Besides, Indians are the ones to come up with the concept of zero and algebra. Every single Indian and Sri Lankan I know that comes from abroad to study at the Uni of Miami or FSU is in computer science or engineering. Math is in our blood.

#13 yankeefan21

yankeefan21

Hammerhead

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 3,066 posts

Posted August 30 2007 - 08:55 AM

You have to be kidding. India is a part of Asia, get a map Miss South Carolina. Besides, Indians are the ones to come up with the concept of zero and algebra. Every single Indian and Sri Lankan I know that comes from abroad to study at the Uni of Miami or FSU is in computer science or engineering. Math is in our blood.

This is not a lie. The grad students here [nanosciences] are comprised of an inordinately large percentage of Indians. Funny thing about Indians, though, their incredible math skills tend to fail them when it comes to paying a split check at Denny's at 2 in the morning... :mischief

#14 TheUFO

TheUFO

Grasshopper

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 970 posts

Posted August 30 2007 - 05:57 PM

same sh*t at cingular (the new at&t) lol, or f***in insurance agencies, all of these indians with named tim and bill.... yeah motherf***er, your tim and im habib mohammed...

#15 MarlinFan10

MarlinFan10

Paranoid Android

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 11,853 posts

Posted August 30 2007 - 05:58 PM

That is false. Asians are just forced to study often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

JUGS batting cages