Comeback Player of the Year

marlins2219

The NL Comeback Player of the Year isn't even listed on the poll.

Who would that be, oh cryptic one?

Well, he might not exactly be THE GUY, but he's definitely worthy of being on the poll...he's a better choice than some of the guys on it.

Brad Lidge.

Well, he might not exactly be THE GUY, but he's definitely worthy of being on the poll...he's a better choice than some of the guys on it.

Brad Lidge.

Lidge would be a better choice than Backe, but still players like Cantu and Tatis have made more drastic changes over last year than Lidge. The one thing Lidge has done is lower the amount of HR's he's given, last year he gave up 9, this year so far 2.

Brad Lidge.

He wasn't nearly as bad last year as some of these guys. In 2006, yeah, but he was an average closer last year. 3.36 ERA, 1.254 WHIP. His low wasn't as low as a ton of these guys.

That said, here is a video I recorded of Lidge last year. Please excuse my crappy camera work.

I'll even set it up...

Brad Lidge in for the save. Astros up 4-3, 2 outs, 2 men on, 1-2 count on Ryan Braun.

Brad Lidge.

He wasn't nearly as bad last year as some of these guys. In 2006, yeah, but he was an average closer last year. 3.36 ERA, 1.254 WHIP. His low wasn't as low as a ton of these guys.

That said, here is a video I recorded of Lidge last year. Please excuse my crappy camera work.

I'll even set it up...

Brad Lidge in for the save. Astros up 4-3, 2 outs, 2 men on, 1-2 count on Ryan Braun.

The thing with Lidge is...he's so due for a blown save. He's been allowing baserunners; just hasn't completely blown a save yet. He's 28/28, and to his credit, has a 1.29 ERA in save situations.

But...I have a feeling he's overdue for a bad appearance in a save situation.

how much a player plays should matter.

if tatis plays has double the playing time to put him on Cantu's time, there's no guarentee that his numbers would still be that good.

tatis is gonna have laround half a seasons AB. Getting come back player of the YEAR for HALF a year is bulls***.

how much a player plays should matter.

if tatis plays has double the playing time to put him on Cantu's time, there's no guarentee that his numbers would still be that good.

tatis is gonna have laround half a seasons AB. Getting come back player of the YEAR for HALF a year is bulls***.

If he only had 50 at bats that would be one thing, but I think 200 is enough.