8/1 Post Game

gizmo

Solano keeps contributing and this board keeps hating.

sure he had a great at bat/hit against a top tier pitcher, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut. His .641 OPS on the year and .606 OPS in July with no speed and avg defense (he's actually improve this year compared to last) leave A LOT to be desired at 2b....

sure he had a great at bat/hit against a top tier pitcher, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut. His .641 OPS on the year and .606 OPS in July with no speed and avg defense (he's actually improve this year compared to last) leave A LOT to be desired at 2b....

Yes, and not only does Dietrich have much more power, he also played better defense. I don't really trust Solano much.

However, Solano makes a nice utility player.

Yes, and not only does Dietrich have much more power, he also played better defense. I don't really trust Solano much.

I still don't get the purpose of sending DD down

Half the lineup would make nice utility players, not much more

I still don't get the purpose of sending DD down

He's been playing like garbage for awhile now to be fair.

sure he had a great at bat/hit against a top tier pitcher, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut. His .641 OPS on the year and .606 OPS in July with no speed and avg defense (he's actually improve this year compared to last) leave A LOT to be desired at 2b.... Sure they do, but he still gets on base at a higher rate than the competition (dietrich), and right now, that's all that matters. Most people get that he isn't the 2B of the future, but at the moment, his only job is to get on base. He isn't amazing at it, but he's better than diets at the moment.

sure he had a great at bat/hit against a top tier pitcher, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut. His .641 OPS on the year and .606 OPS in July with no speed and avg defense (he's actually improve this year compared to last) leave A LOT to be desired at 2b....Sure they do, but he still gets on base at a higher rate than the competition (dietrich), and right now, that's all that matters. Most people get that he isn't the 2B of the future, but at the moment, his only job is to get on base. He isn't amazing at it, but he's better than diets at the moment.

His OBP is .314. Still pretty awful. He doesnt draw walks. His ISO is also .064, which I would feel comfortable saying is one of if not the worst in baseball.

He is a utility player at best, and probably wouldnt even be that on most other teams. He shouldnt be a starter under any circumstance.

i feel like you didnt read anything i wrote. he gets on base at a higher rate than dietrich,

sure he had a great at bat/hit against a top tier pitcher, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut. His .641 OPS on the year and .606 OPS in July with no speed and avg defense (he's actually improve this year compared to last) leave A LOT to be desired at 2b....Sure they do, but he still gets on base at a higher rate than the competition (dietrich), and right now, that's all that matters. Most people get that he isn't the 2B of the future, but at the moment, his only job is to get on base. He isn't amazing at it, but he's better than diets at the moment.

His OBP is .314. Still pretty awful. He doesnt draw walks. His ISO is also .064, which I would feel comfortable saying is one of if not the worst in baseball.

He is a utility player at best, and probably wouldnt even be that on most other teams. He shouldnt be a starter under any circumstance.

doesnt change anything that i wrote. .314 is better than .275. i never said he was a fantastic OBP guy, in fact i said the very opposite. I also said that he isnt the starting 2B of the future.

Fact is he is a starter because there is noone better right now. Same with our 3B position. do we need to argue about how lucas/polanco shouldnt be starting and should only be utility guys?

No, because everyone already knows that.

i feel like you didnt read anything i wrote. he gets on base at a higher rate than dietrich,

doesnt change anything that i wrote. .314 is better than .275. i never said he was a fantastic OBP guy, in fact i said the very opposite. I also said that he isnt the starting 2B of the future.

Fact is he is a starter because there is noone better right now. Same with our 3B position. do we need to argue about how lucas/polanco shouldnt be starting and should only be utility guys?

No, because everyone already knows that.

Dietrich's power and potential made him more valuable to the lineup for the rest of this season than Solano.

I still don't think it made sense to send Deets down.