Mark Trumbo

Wild Card

My bad, I thought you meant Trumbo for some reason. Derp.

But if I saw correctly, Middlebrooks played like 4 innings at second base.

Yea, Dominguez and Trumbo have like 0 things in common, lol. And if he played a few innings at 2B I must've missed it, but anyway, still irrelevant.

I figure we're gonna suck for a while, so having Trumbo would be fun. Him and Stanton (assuming he's here) would be cool. Long bombs and strikeouts away.

I feel like adding Trumbo, and any catcher with any kind of bat, would be huge in improving this team. I wonder how many games this team could have won last year, with the pitching performances, had they been able to average 4 runs a game. You add Trumbo and a decent Catcher without having to subtract any arms from the current rotation or bullpen and I think you have a .500 team if it can stay healthy...

Sox apparently didn't give Salty a qualifying offer, so we wouldn't lose a draft pick for signing him.

WC I'm not against signing him but not for 3/30. An incentive-laden 3/21 deal that leads up to 3/30 could be nice, cause if he gets to 3/30, that'll mean he's produced well.

I'm a big fan of incentives lately.

Sox apparently didn't give Salty a qualifying offer, so we wouldn't lose a draft pick for signing him.

WC I'm not against signing him but not for 3/30. An incentive-laden 3/21 deal that leads up to 3/30 could be nice, cause if he gets to 3/30, that'll mean he's produced well.

I'm a big fan of incentives lately.

Well, the post-season probably lowered his value a little. But if his agent is smart, he'll wait until McCann signs his big deal to set the tone for the market, then he'll be the top target on the FA market behind the plate. I won't be surprised if he gets a big time deal, much bigger than that. MLB Trade Rumors agrees...

"9:07am: The Red Sox are unlikely to extend a qualifying offer to Jarrod Saltalamacchia, MLBTR's Tim Dierkes has learned (Twitter link).

Saltalamacchia, 29, posted the best season of his career in 2013, slashing .273/.338/.466 with 14 homers in a career-high 470 plate appearances. He also tied a career best by playing in 121 games for the second consecutive season.

Tim projected a four-year, $36MM contract for Saltalamacchia in free agency this season, although that was under the assumption that he would be tied to draft pick compensation. If Saltalamacchia does not receive a qualifying offer from Boston, he could surpass that projection, as teams would not be required to surrender a first- or second-round draft pick in order to sign him."

I think any trade for Trumbo would not include Morrison. Why would the Angels want the next Jeremy Hermida for him. I think it would take a starting pitcher from the major league team and a prospect. The Angels are trying to imrprove their rotation by moving Trumbo, as he has already been mentioned as a big piece in a deal for David Price.

Whoever misses on McCann is going to need to get someone decent, and he's it.

And regardless that would be a bit much.

I think that's the kind of overpayment it would take for, say, the Marlins to land him. Which I've made clear I would personally be fine with, but I think only WE would have to make an offer like that.

I figure Texas will pay McCann what he wants, since they need another bat. Apparently they are prepared to have him split time at catcher and 1B/DH

Which is perfect for them, they seem to like Soto behind the plate and if they split his time they can probably keep him fresh and healthy.

How about Brandon Phillips? Relatively affordable at 11 million and 12 million in 2015.

Slide Dietrich over to 3rd.

I have a feeling that next year Dietrich's numbers will eclipse Phillips'. In fact I'd be willing to bet on it.

Also no. Especially if Phillips goes to the Yankees.

How about Brandon Phillips? Relatively affordable at 11 million and 12 million in 2015.

I have a feeling that next year Dietrich's numbers will eclipse Phillips'. In fact I'd be willing to bet on it.

He's gotta start at 2b in order for that to happen :p

Unlike Bender, I don't think that's an unreasonable assertion thought. Phillips career OPS is .749 and he's on the wrong side of 30. I would say if given appropriate starts DD has a solid shot to outperform him offensively. Defensively, not even close of course.

He's gotta start at 2b in order for that to happen :p

Unlike Bender, I don't think that's an unreasonable assertion thought. Phillips career OPS is .749 and he's on the wrong side of 30. I would say if given appropriate starts DD has a solid shot to outperform him offensively. Defensively, not even close of course.

Phillips had 103 RBI and is a gold glover. Enough said.

Dont see why the Reds want to trade him either. Granted Votto's other numbers were astronomical compared to his but Phillips drive in 30 more runs than Votto. Probably becuase Votto was getting walked so much.

Pretty amazing how he had 103 RBI with a .706 OPS.