4/14 Postgame

Absurd? Best in MLB is WSH at .821 OPS.

Followed by CWS, COL, PHL, NYY, LAA, SFG, LAD and ATL. 10th? MIA: .732.

NL average: .722. MLB average: .711.

Not absurd at all. Not great. But league-average or a little better. You know, an actual offense. May get better or worse, but it won't be non-existent. Like last year at .627. 513 runs.

Its absurd.

Absurd? Best in MLB is WSH at .821 OPS.

Followed by CWS, COL, PHL, NYY, LAA, SFG, LAD and ATL. 10th? MIA: .732.

NL average: .722. MLB average: .711.

Not absurd at all. Not great. But league-average or a little better. You know, an actual offense. May get better or worse, but it won't be non-existent. Like last year at .627. 513 runs.

It's been 14 games.

It's been 14 games.

Yup, we can all count. And 14 games approaches 10% of a season. Shall we all ignore all numbers until we've played 80 or 90 games?

The point remains that the offense is at least passable. So far, anyway.

To get back to the point, there are at least 10 guys on this team who are worth watching and that makes the team worth watching.

Hechavarria is going to crash hard at some point.

You and DCFishFan should get together. Maybe Loria will show up. We know he loves people who don't know what they're talking about, for instance, the last 10 years worth of management, right?

What? I just criticized Loria for "the last 10 years worth of management" and you think I'm defending him? Well, I did lump you in with them. Of course, you're the guy who thinks that 2013 stats are current, so no one should expect much.

Your constant defense of Loria always amuses me. That said, yes..Hechavarria is going to crash hard. I have no idea what makes you think he will sustain anything close to what he is currently doing.

As a huge Adeiny detractor if he keeps that k-rate in that 10% range and keeps making contact I see no reason he can't be actually useful at SS. Also, his def this far is much improved from last year.

They're still fun to watch. Pitching had a rough week, defense has some rough days, but they still manage to hit a bit.

Yelich, Dietrich, Ozuna, Hech and Stanton are doing well, and Jones isn't worse than LoMo. McGehee and Salty are improvements. Even Johnson is respectable. Baker sucks, but he's the only (more-or-less, probably less as we go along) starter under .700 OPS. Dobbs should be released and Solano should be sent down.

If they manage to get close to last year's 14-41 they won't be much fun to watch -- ~.250 ball ain't much fun no matter how you slice it up -- but that possibility is 41 games away.

Meanwhile, they have an actual offense, at least league-average. Not a great offense, but not no offense like last year. So, Penquino can bite me. :lol

The point was that this probably is not a league average offense. You rushed to judgment after a handful of games. The offense is starting to fall back down to earth.

You and DCFishFan should get together. Maybe Loria will show up. We know he loves people who don't know what they're talking about, for instance, the last 10 years worth of management, right?

What line do you expect Hechavarria to finish the season with?

What line do you expect Hechavarria to finish the season with?

I'll bite. I'm going to say upper 600s to lower 700s OPS and + #s on defense which would be a MASSIVE upgrade from last year. I know it's a small sample size but he's actually doing things that may be sustainable like striking out less, swinging at more pitches in the zone, and swinging at less pitches outside the zone. The dude is fast (but a terrible basestealer) so I don't think a mid .300s BABIP is out of line for him. When compared to his July of last year when he hit .325 or whatever it was his start this year just seems more sustainable. Of course it could just be a small sample size, but at minimum it's encouraging.

..., thanks for all the entertainment. Watching you spout off is the gift that keeps on giving.

What? I just criticized Loria for "the last 10 years worth of management" and you think I'm defending him? Well, I did lump you in with them. Of course, you're the guy who thinks that 2013 stats are current, so no one should expect much.

The MLB stats page didnt load with 2014 stats for some reason, simple error.

Now, you ignoring leaked financial documents, multiple accounts from former players and team employees, known dollar amounts that the Marlins receive in TV/league in your endless crusade to paint Jeffrey Loria in a positive light...that is much more egregious and makes you continually look like a fool.