5/17 Post Game

Guest Vince0926

She's not gushing at Stanton. She's marrying Ramos. And tomorrow winning is pivotal considering we will take a playoff spot if Atlanta OR ST Louis lose

If we can get a win tomorrow this really wouldn't be that bad of a trip

Glenn Geffner �@GlennGeffner 50m

#Marlins are 19 games into 20 in 20 days. Now 12-7 against some very good teams. With last 11 on road, that's a heck of an accomplishment.

Ignoring road games played or about to be played, what's shocking is that after 44 games the Marlins have 23 wins and only 5 teams in MLB have more than 23. None of them are in the NL East.

Just a little meaningless feel-good spin.

according to ESPN, the Marlins have the best chance to make the plaoffs out of all the teams in the division. how the hell is that stat calculated?

Run differential, and possibly strength of schedule.

Marlins have had one of the more difficult schedules thus far and are above .500.

Braves are basically right there with us for SOS, but their run differential is negative IIRC.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Run differential, and possibly strength of schedule.

Marlins have had one of the more difficult schedules thus far and are above .500.

Braves are basically right there with us for SOS, but their run differential is negative IIRC.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Which really is scary - their offense sucks this year and they're still winning. If their offense could actually be what their batters could live up to, that'd be insane.

Yeah, but their pitching (namely santana and harang) is overachieving in relation to their careers, so I wonder if they can actually sustain those sub-3 ERAs. .. something tells me no.

Granted, the same could be said of the marlins pitching. (Well, not to the same degree because the marlins staff doesn't have the career lengths of harang or santana to compare)

The hitting isn't that much of a shock to me. Classic feast or famine lineup.

Yeah, but their pitching (namely santana and harang) is overachieving in relation to their careers, so I wonder if they can actually sustain those sub-3 ERAs. .. something tells me no.

Granted, the same could be said of the marlins pitching. (Well, not to the same degree because the marlins staff doesn't have the career lengths of harang or santana to compare)

The hitting isn't that much of a shock to me. Classic feast or famine lineup.

No, I'm with you on their offense. It's just that they're still winning despite their offense. I hope their pitching does regress and soon, cause that'd be great for us.

However, I'm still cautiously optimistic about this team. Not gonna be easy. :lol