Welcome Guest

Navigation

Welcome to MarlinsBaseball.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Reed Johnson

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,268 posts
Is it me or is this guy playing like he wants a job?

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts
He is playing very hard. Can he and wiggington both make the team, along with Lucas and solano?

BenderRobot

BenderRobot

Marlin

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,006 posts
He is playing very hard. Can he and wiggington both make the team, along with Lucas and solano?
All 4 of those? No.

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts
Oh man, would love to have Ty and reed on the team

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,268 posts
Wiggington is a long shot because he can only play the corners, while Lucas can play almost everywhere and well.

Johnson is also a long shot just considering our OF depth, but he's hitting well and playing hard so far.

fanofthefish

fanofthefish

The Grinch's Biggest Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts
Solano and Lucas have options so that gives the Marlins options

el penguino

el penguino

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,525 posts
This is such a Wild Card type of thread. How many ABs has Johnson had so far? 10? If that?

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts
If they have options then sure I would like reed and Ty on the team. And by May if something doesn't pan out then have one of the other 2 come up. I assume bogusevic and dobbs are guaranteed. Not too fond of dobbs.

BenderRobot

BenderRobot

Marlin

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,006 posts
Dobbs doesn't have any options left. We don't need Wigginton, as our right handed compliment to Dobbs is Jeff Baker (guaranteed). Johnson COULD make it as a right handed compliment to Bogusevic, or one could make it over the other. At that point, the bench is:

Dobbs, Baker, Johnson, Bogusevic, Mathis

Dobbs, Baker, Mathis all guarantees.

Bogusevic may end up making it because he's a lefty and an outfielder, so that leaves Johnson's spot. Baker can also play the outfield (not well, but he can). So,

Dobbs, Baker, Bogusevic, Mathis, and I'd have to guess Lucas or Solano rounds out the bench.

pollyvonwog

pollyvonwog

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,561 posts
Wait there's a thread devoted to a guy who is 3 for 9 with 2 singles and a double in spring training??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • mystikol87 likes this

Larry

Larry

The Head Fish

• Admin
  • 31,131 posts
  • LocationNew York
Wait there's a thread devoted to a guy who is 3 for 9 with 2 singles and a double in spring training??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Yep, and he's also one of the competitors this year for the $100! Is that still a thing?

el penguino

el penguino

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,525 posts

He might be as good as Zack Cox soon if he keeps this up.

How's Cox's spring going by the way? I haven't checked lately.
  • pollyvonwog likes this

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts
What's the point of signing Ty wiggington then?

BroncoBob27

BroncoBob27

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
Although how someone does at the plate and/or how many ABs he has figures into it, alot more goes into the final decision of whether or not someone makes the team. Johnson is most likely a long shot with us, but he is also "interviewing" for other clubs right now. "Well educated" people should understand this and at the least give the guy kudos for giving it his all.

Hotcorner

Hotcorner

Teal Avenger

• Moderators
  • 18,959 posts
rather have Reed Johnson than Dobbs.

He might be as good as Zack Cox soon if he keeps this up.

How's Cox's spring going by the way? I haven't checked lately.
not sure if joking but he didn't even get an invite. ouch.

FutureGM

FutureGM

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,562 posts
I too remember that time that Abraham Nunez hit like 14 HRs in ST and proceeded to turn into Ken Griffey Jr.

In all seriousness he's probably a bench or platoon player.

Spike

Spike

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,802 posts
I am hoping for no Donovan Solano on the team. In a perfect world there would be no Hechavarria either.
  • SongInTheAir likes this

el penguino

el penguino

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,525 posts
Although how someone does at the plate and/or how many ABs he has figures into it, alot more goes into the final decision of whether or not someone makes the team. Johnson is most likely a long shot with us, but he is also "interviewing" for other clubs right now. "Well educated" people should understand this and at the least give the guy kudos for giving it his all.
First of all, Johnson is highly expendable talent. Secondly, virtually all players not guaranteed a roster spot "give it their all" in this situation. To suggest somehow that a 3 for 9 statline is a sign of Johnson giving more than another player is both premature and idiotic.
  • pollyvonwog likes this

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,268 posts
Dude, it's just something to talk about.

dom2613

dom2613

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts
I am hoping for no Donovan Solano on the team. In a perfect world there would be no Hechavarria either.

I wouldn't be opposed to Donovan being a bench player. Starting is another story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

JUGS batting cages