Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Reed Johnson

87 posts in this topic

Posted

Is it me or is this guy playing like he wants a job?

Posted

He is playing very hard. Can he and wiggington both make the team, along with Lucas and solano?

Posted

He is playing very hard. Can he and wiggington both make the team, along with Lucas and solano?
All 4 of those? No.

Posted

Oh man, would love to have Ty and reed on the team

Posted

Wiggington is a long shot because he can only play the corners, while Lucas can play almost everywhere and well.

Johnson is also a long shot just considering our OF depth, but he's hitting well and playing hard so far.

Posted

Solano and Lucas have options so that gives the Marlins options

Posted

This is such a Wild Card type of thread. How many ABs has Johnson had so far? 10? If that?

Posted

If they have options then sure I would like reed and Ty on the team. And by May if something doesn't pan out then have one of the other 2 come up. I assume bogusevic and dobbs are guaranteed. Not too fond of dobbs.

Posted

Dobbs doesn't have any options left. We don't need Wigginton, as our right handed compliment to Dobbs is Jeff Baker (guaranteed). Johnson COULD make it as a right handed compliment to Bogusevic, or one could make it over the other. At that point, the bench is:

Dobbs, Baker, Johnson, Bogusevic, Mathis

Dobbs, Baker, Mathis all guarantees.

Bogusevic may end up making it because he's a lefty and an outfielder, so that leaves Johnson's spot. Baker can also play the outfield (not well, but he can). So,

Dobbs, Baker, Bogusevic, Mathis, and I'd have to guess Lucas or Solano rounds out the bench.

Posted

Wait there's a thread devoted to a guy who is 3 for 9 with 2 singles and a double in spring training??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Posted

Wait there's a thread devoted to a guy who is 3 for 9 with 2 singles and a double in spring training??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Yep, and he's also one of the competitors this year for the $100! Is that still a thing?

Posted

He might be as good as Zack Cox soon if he keeps this up.

How's Cox's spring going by the way? I haven't checked lately.

Posted

What's the point of signing Ty wiggington then?

Posted

Although how someone does at the plate and/or how many ABs he has figures into it, alot more goes into the final decision of whether or not someone makes the team. Johnson is most likely a long shot with us, but he is also "interviewing" for other clubs right now. "Well educated" people should understand this and at the least give the guy kudos for giving it his all.

Posted

rather have Reed Johnson than Dobbs.

He might be as good as Zack Cox soon if he keeps this up.

How's Cox's spring going by the way? I haven't checked lately.
not sure if joking but he didn't even get an invite. ouch.