Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My 2014 Predictions, I'm Your Host Linda Richman.

13 posts in this topic

Posted

89 wins

Posted

Mike Myers is the best.

Posted

Not that I disagree with your individual player projections, but there's no way that we end up with 77 wins in this case. I also don't see how those ERA's you projected = top-10 staff in the big leagues.

In order to get 77 wins, some guys are going to have to overachieve and I don't think you have any player exceeding expectations, really.

Posted

Based on those projections, I see A LOT of solo home runs in our future, lol. I agree with Erick, you went out on a limb with the wins predicition, but you went the safe route with all the individuals. Dare to be bold, my friend!

Posted

Not that I disagree with your individual player projections, but there's no way that we end up with 77 wins in this case. I also don't see how those ERA's you projected = top-10 staff in the big leagues.

In order to get 77 wins, some guys are going to have to overachieve and I don't think you have any player exceeding expectations, really.
I did my wins projection based more on how bad the NL East is going to be. I think we'll get solid years from the bench guys and bullpen to make up for the thoroughly unimpressive year by our offense. Either way, thanks for giving it a look, guys!

Posted

I think you're a little bearish on the Braves to say that they will barely clear .500. Yes, I'm concerned about their pitching, but I think their offense has to be better than last year even without McCann.

Posted

I think you're a little bearish on the Braves to say that they will barely clear .500. Yes, I'm concerned about their pitching, but I think their offense has to be better than last year even without McCann.
How do you figure their offense improves after losing McCann?

Posted

I expect Uggla and Upton to both be better, especially Dan

Posted

Heyward should be better, I can't imagine BJ Upton hits .179 again, and Andrelton Simmons should improve at the plate. Justin Upton's overall year was also down after a hot start, so I figure he will be more consistent this time around. I'm also interested to see what Gattis does for a full season as a starter. Uggla? Who knows. I'm not optimistic, he's been like this for almost 3 years now.

Posted

Some pretty harsh batting predictions there.
As for the Braves, its like no matter who they lose, you go back and check and still think hey they have a really good team.

Posted

84 wins, 5 back in the wild card, third place in the division

Posted

Liked for the reference; not unliked for a good article.