Welcome Guest

Navigation

Welcome to MarlinsBaseball.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

My 2014 Predictions, I'm Your Host Linda Richman.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

SongInTheAir

SongInTheAir

LET'S BASEBALL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,370 posts
http://www.therunner...good-bad-fishy/

Discuss Amongst Yourselves.

(May have just dated myself out of the Marlins demographic age with this reference...)
  • mystikol87 likes this

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts
89 wins

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,263 posts
Mike Myers is the best.

Erick

Erick

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,394 posts
Not that I disagree with your individual player projections, but there's no way that we end up with 77 wins in this case. I also don't see how those ERA's you projected = top-10 staff in the big leagues.

In order to get 77 wins, some guys are going to have to overachieve and I don't think you have any player exceeding expectations, really.
  • SongInTheAir likes this

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,263 posts
Based on those projections, I see A LOT of solo home runs in our future, lol. I agree with Erick, you went out on a limb with the wins predicition, but you went the safe route with all the individuals. Dare to be bold, my friend!

SongInTheAir

SongInTheAir

LET'S BASEBALL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,370 posts
Not that I disagree with your individual player projections, but there's no way that we end up with 77 wins in this case. I also don't see how those ERA's you projected = top-10 staff in the big leagues.

In order to get 77 wins, some guys are going to have to overachieve and I don't think you have any player exceeding expectations, really.
I did my wins projection based more on how bad the NL East is going to be. I think we'll get solid years from the bench guys and bullpen to make up for the thoroughly unimpressive year by our offense. Either way, thanks for giving it a look, guys!

FutureGM

FutureGM

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,562 posts
I think you're a little bearish on the Braves to say that they will barely clear .500. Yes, I'm concerned about their pitching, but I think their offense has to be better than last year even without McCann.

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,263 posts
I think you're a little bearish on the Braves to say that they will barely clear .500. Yes, I'm concerned about their pitching, but I think their offense has to be better than last year even without McCann.
How do you figure their offense improves after losing McCann?

Larry

Larry

The Head Fish

• Admin
  • 31,129 posts
  • LocationNew York
I expect Uggla and Upton to both be better, especially Dan

FutureGM

FutureGM

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,562 posts
Heyward should be better, I can't imagine BJ Upton hits .179 again, and Andrelton Simmons should improve at the plate. Justin Upton's overall year was also down after a hot start, so I figure he will be more consistent this time around. I'm also interested to see what Gattis does for a full season as a starter. Uggla? Who knows. I'm not optimistic, he's been like this for almost 3 years now.

canada-marlin24

canada-marlin24

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts
Some pretty harsh batting predictions there.
As for the Braves, its like no matter who they lose, you go back and check and still think hey they have a really good team.

FloridaMarlinsForever

FloridaMarlinsForever

Your gonna need a bigger boat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
84 wins, 5 back in the wild card, third place in the division

mystikol87

mystikol87

Boom Shaka Laka

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,915 posts
Liked for the reference; not unliked for a good article.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

JUGS batting cages