7/31 Post Travesty

if that game isn't played over starting in the bottom of the 8th inning at some point in this series idk how i can not go crazy

It won't. We'll hear some bullshit like, "we at MLB acknowledge that the original call made on the field was in fact correct, the base runner should have been out. The review which led to the overturning of the call was in fact erroneous and the rule itself will be looked at thoroughly in the offseason. We have the health of our players in mind, but we also want to create a fair ball game on the field."

Das Texan from this site, a soon to be FORMER moderator said the runner was safe too.

I knew they'd call him safe. I even said it in the game thread. What a dumbass rule. I hope that a game in the playoffs is decided this way. MLB should be embarrassed.

And we're all with Erick. Nobody's upset with the umpires. It's the rule that needs to be changed. We all understand player safety, but in situations like today it gives the catcher no chance to get the out. It's basically forcing the run in without giving the defense a fair fight.