Welcome Guest

Navigation

Welcome to MarlinsBaseball.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Vote, Bitches!!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,355 posts
He's an all star for the marlins at 3b considering he's mid .700 ops and hitting out of his mind with RISP right now. Arenado and Frazier should both technically be ahead of him though from a statistical perspective, but casey is actually 4th in OPS among NL 3b this year. I mean that is utterly shocking really. If he can keep this up, he's basically a lock for come back player of the year I would think.
Garrett Jones could easily win Comeback Player of the Year as well. I believe his OPS is actually higher, in the low .800 range.

pollyvonwog

pollyvonwog

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,612 posts
Garrett Jones could easily win Comeback Player of the Year as well. I believe his OPS is actually higher, in the low .800 range.

Yeah but Casey went to Japan and hasn't been mlb relevant since like 2010, but we're still 100 games away from season's end and all that.

Also, If our doofus FO would actually start platooning Jones with Lucas like they should Jones would have a much higher OPS right now.
  • mystikol87 likes this

Stanton's Penis

Stanton's Penis

Muckdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
NL MVP so far

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,355 posts
NL MVP so far
Tulo probably wins if it ends today.

poptart

poptart

Hungover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,799 posts
Tulo wins by a landslide if it ends today

old school guys look at BA, where he's is up by like .050. new school guys look at WAR, where he is up by a lot

Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest

Larry's Little Helper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts
Old school or new school I'd venture to say that batting average is important at the end of the season. Because at that point it's more than just an average, it's a permanent ratio of hits to at bats. It reflects impact, deserved or not (what I mean by that is... if something like BABIP is suggestive of a lower BA, it really doesn't matter).

I think my favorite case of this is Ricky Nolasco. All his peripherals suggested he was due for better performance. But when the season ends, he's still got shitty performance facts. And at the end of the season, fact is fact and there's no hiding it.

el penguino

el penguino

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,525 posts
The issue there is that batting average isn't one of the better indications of performance.

SilverBullet1929

SilverBullet1929

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
The issue there is that batting average isn't one of the better indications of performance.

True but I guess he's saying that it holds more weight as an entire season total as opposed to smaller sample sizes.

canefandynasty

canefandynasty

Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
1/3 of the season completed...

yandro

yandro

Yandro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
I voted online and at the stadium. Near the homeplate area just to the third base side, they have a table set up with ballots - if you sign up on their list and fill out a pack of 50 ballots and return them, you get 2 tickets to a future game. Got 2 tix for monday vs rays.

It would be a crime is Stanton is not starting the ASG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

JUGS batting cages