Welcome Guest

Navigation

Welcome to MarlinsBaseball.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

6/27 - Athletics at Marlins

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
231 replies to this topic

canada-marlin24

canada-marlin24

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,189 posts
One of the best closers in baseball and they were on him like he was from AA ball.

SongInTheAir

SongInTheAir

LET'S BASEBALL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts
Since this game has become the baseball equivalent of a diaper threatened with Taco Bell, can we start taking bets on post game transactions?

My pick:
-DeSclafani to the DL (or optioned if his injury isn't too bad)
-Jennings up from AAA.

Corona23

Corona23

Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
Now I'm outta here. I wouldn't be surprised if Redmond was told by Loria to get swept this weekend so that all this talk about spending money at the trade deadline gets squashed for good. They could be 4 games under .500 come Monday.

Corona23

Corona23

Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Since this game has become the baseball equivalent of a diaper threatened with Taco Bell, can we start taking bets on post game transactions?

My pick:
-DeSclafani to the DL (or optioned if his injury isn't too bad)
-Jennings up from AAA.

Jennings is a horror show too. So is Dunn, but once that first lefty got a hit off Gregg, there was no reason not to have Dunn ready to come in to pitch to one guy and get the last out in the 8th. Redmond is a moron.

SongInTheAir

SongInTheAir

LET'S BASEBALL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts
Doolittle is having one of the best seasons in baseball history for a reliever. This should be a fun inning to watch, too bad we don't have Furcal, Hech, Solano, and Jones due up.

CyggyMarlin

CyggyMarlin

2013 Montreal Marlins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,399 posts
Dietrich doesn't care

Edmeister

Edmeister

Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
Honest question...

Do you guys think that the FO has any clue on how awful a manager Redmond truly is?

Or do we know triple what they know about baseball... Hell, are they even watching the games anymore? This is getting just flat out ridiculous. There's only so much more of this that my brittle heart can take.

Corona23

Corona23

Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

No he hasn't. He's been getting away with deep fly ball outs that make his numbers look only slightly below average, but he's been way luckier than he's been good. His ERA is over 5. That's not an 8th inning guy, and really shouldn't even be a Major Leaguer.

You're missing the whole point. I wouldn't care if his ERA was 0 (his ERA before tonight was not 5 BTW). Morris was pitching great. He just pitched an 8 pitch 7th inning. Gregg should never have been told to pitch the 8th. And when he got in trouble, Dunn should have been in.

SongInTheAir

SongInTheAir

LET'S BASEBALL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

You're missing the whole point. I wouldn't care if his ERA was 0 (his ERA before tonight was not 5 BTW). Morris was pitching great. He just pitched an 8 pitch 7th inning. Gregg should never have been told to pitch the 8th. And when he got in trouble, Dunn should have been in.

Oh, of course, I fully agree with you there. Morris, while not nearly as good as he's been, is a lot better than Gregg. Hell, a pitching machine can probably put up similar number to 2014 Kevin Gregg.

Corona23

Corona23

Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Honest question...

Do you guys think that the FO has any clue on how awful a manager Redmond truly is?

Or do we know triple what they know about baseball... Hell, are they even watching the games anymore? This is getting just flat out ridiculous. There's only so much more of this that my brittle heart can take.

As long as he doesn't lose 100 games they're happy. He's cheap; very low salary, and grateful to have a job. Just the way Loria likes it.

CyggyMarlin

CyggyMarlin

2013 Montreal Marlins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,399 posts
2nd stupid dumbass loss in a row

Corona23

Corona23

Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Oh, of course, I fully agree with you there. Morris, while not nearly as good as he's been, is a lot better than Gregg. Hell, a pitching machine can probably put up similar number to 2014 Kevin Gregg.

You and me are on the same page, brother. This SUCKS!
  • SongInTheAir likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

JUGS batting cages