Welcome Guest

Navigation

Welcome to MarlinsBaseball.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

7/8 Post Game

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

BenderRobot

BenderRobot

Marlin

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,139 posts
Marcell Ozuna decided to be a bro tonight and hit a go ahead homer in the 9th!

And Brad Hand pitched out of some jams and shit.

You gotta jizz it up, bro!
  • pollyvonwog likes this

SilverBullet1929

SilverBullet1929

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,645 posts
I wanna rub Ozunas bat after that explosion!

SilverBullet1929

SilverBullet1929

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,645 posts
Allison called him Marcela after earlier saying Casey McGay. Wow.

Go home Allison, you're drunk.
  • Wild Card, SongInTheAir, dim and 2 others like this

canada-marlin24

canada-marlin24

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,189 posts
After McGehee pulverized that ball I thought it was not our night. Then I am sure we were all thinking slider in the dirt and Ozuna gone but when he hit that ball I knew he smoked it, just a matter of the wall.

Ive become used to balls off Ozuna's bat not looking like home runs but going out.

Edmeister

Edmeister

Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
Probably one of the best and most exciting games of the whole season. I know it's a long shot but this should be our biggest impulse of the season. I'm so excited and my love for this club has come back to the way it was at the start! GO FISH!

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts
We are 5 out....better than that mountain of 7 when Sunday's play began.... 2 games in 3 days
  • sdg210 likes this

SongInTheAir

SongInTheAir

LET'S BASEBALL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts
Posted Image

Erick

Erick

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,408 posts

After McGehee pulverized that ball I though it was not our night. Then I am sure we were all thinking slider in the dirt and Ozuna gone but when he hit that ball I knew he smoked it, just a matter of the wall.

Ive become used to balls off Ozuna's bat not looking like home runs but going out.

I predicted a HR. Sort of.

Erick

Erick

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,408 posts
Mike Dunn has 7 wins. Take that, haters.
  • pollyvonwog likes this

SongInTheAir

SongInTheAir

LET'S BASEBALL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Mike Dunn has 7 wins. Take that, haters.

#voteWinsMcDunn
  • BenderRobot, poptart, Erick and 5 others like this

canada-marlin24

canada-marlin24

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,189 posts
Bob Davidson not calling that 2-0 pitch a strike nearly cost Cishek the save.

Hotcorner

Hotcorner

Teal Avenger

• Moderators
  • 18,967 posts
wow Ozuna!

Pretty good outing from Hand and the pen too.

that would've felt like an awful loss, now still a chance to take the series.

SilverBullet1929

SilverBullet1929

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,645 posts
Absolutely must have a strong next four games. I really wanna say winning 3 of the next 4 could be a great difference maker for us.

Erick

Erick

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,408 posts

Absolutely must have a strong next four games. I really wanna say winning 3 of the next 4 could be a great difference maker for us.

#vote500bytheAllStarBreak

Too long?
  • mystikol87 likes this

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

I agree. If we do that and win 3 of 4 and maybe finish 4 back of first place by the end of Sunday, how will you feel about that? I'd feel delighted.
  • sdg210 likes this

sdg210

sdg210

Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Feeling good Vibes from this thread!

dim

dim

President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts
So I watched eight innings of watching the Marlins put up a turd on offense. Then I went to work and I hear from a friend that Ozuna won us the game.

Baseball's funny sometimes.

dim

dim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts
Also for all the sh*t we give Dunn, looking through the stats and his numbers are solid since a horrible April. He may be incredibly frustrating to watch pitch but dammit if the results aren't showing.

dim

dim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Bob Davidson not calling that 2-0 pitch a strike nearly cost Cishek the save.

Never Forget

Posted Image

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
Did Piazza do that? "You're" is misspelled as "your" not once, but three times.

:lol

Kidding. Just kidding. Really.

But, whoever did what is an entirely accurate commentary on an incompetent ump is apparently, by virtue either of being unable to spell or understand contractions, unable to comprehend the unintended irony of "don't make a statement that shows your [sic] a complete moron."

Other than that, I completely agree with the sentiment that Davidson (and a few other total incompetents) should be fired. But, incompetent umps are members of a union, so forget that.

With umps in general getting about half of challenged replay calls wrong, I can't wait for the further expansion of the reviewable universe, not to mention the day when balls and strikes are called electronically and taken out of the hands of incompetents. Think Buckner and a few others in addition to Davidson.

Can't happen soon enough. No more "he has a small/large strike zone today." No more "well, at least he's calling it for both pitchers." No more "if you're not throwing strikes/around the plate, you don't get that call." No more "a 10-year vet probably gets that call." No more "the catcher had to move across the plate, so he's not going to get the call."

Imagine an ump behind the plate who makes only reviewable safe/out calls. Reviewable HBP calls. Reviewable catcher or batter interference calls. Reviewable foul/fair ball calls. Reviewable fan interference calls.

It's not that I hate umps, I just hate incompetent umps. Who are protected by their union. Why do a bunch of guys making an average of 200K for 7 months of work need a union? To protect the incompetents among them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

JUGS batting cages