Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

7/8 Post Game

22 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Feeling good Vibes from this thread!

Posted · Report post

So I watched eight innings of watching the Marlins put up a turd on offense. Then I went to work and I hear from a friend that Ozuna won us the game.

Baseball's funny sometimes.

Posted · Report post

Also for all the sh*t we give Dunn, looking through the stats and his numbers are solid since a horrible April. He may be incredibly frustrating to watch pitch but dammit if the results aren't showing.

Posted · Report post

Bob Davidson not calling that 2-0 pitch a strike nearly cost Cishek the save.

Never Forget

Posted Image

Posted · Report post

Did Piazza do that? "You're" is misspelled as "your" not once, but three times.

:lol

Kidding. Just kidding. Really.

But, whoever did what is an entirely accurate commentary on an incompetent ump is apparently, by virtue either of being unable to spell or understand contractions, unable to comprehend the unintended irony of "don't make a statement that shows your [sic] a complete moron."

Other than that, I completely agree with the sentiment that Davidson (and a few other total incompetents) should be fired. But, incompetent umps are members of a union, so forget that.

With umps in general getting about half of challenged replay calls wrong, I can't wait for the further expansion of the reviewable universe, not to mention the day when balls and strikes are called electronically and taken out of the hands of incompetents. Think Buckner and a few others in addition to Davidson.

Can't happen soon enough. No more "he has a small/large strike zone today." No more "well, at least he's calling it for both pitchers." No more "if you're not throwing strikes/around the plate, you don't get that call." No more "a 10-year vet probably gets that call." No more "the catcher had to move across the plate, so he's not going to get the call."

Imagine an ump behind the plate who makes only reviewable safe/out calls. Reviewable HBP calls. Reviewable catcher or batter interference calls. Reviewable foul/fair ball calls. Reviewable fan interference calls.

It's not that I hate umps, I just hate incompetent umps. Who are protected by their union. Why do a bunch of guys making an average of 200K for 7 months of work need a union? To protect the incompetents among them.

Posted · Report post

that was a very ... type post right there!

That ozuna dong = swoon

Posted · Report post

Hey, the thread was exhausted, may as well pursue something else mentioned on the thread. Like crummy, sh!tty, blind, motha-effing umpires.

But, if I'm not mistaken, that was their 21st 1-run win. Which ties them with PIT for the most in the NL, maybe in MLB. Pretty amazing for a ~.500 team. The same could be said of PIT. Neither team would be anywhere near contention if they weren't scrappy and able to pull off unlikely, close wins.