Welcome Guest

Navigation

Welcome to MarlinsBaseball.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

I am worried about Stanton in the All Stars game.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

The Teal Deal

The Teal Deal

Muckdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
It's cool that the big man is going to be in the home run contest and that he will be in the big game... but I am worried about what will happen after the game and the rest of his career. Look at what happened to Hanely after he was in the Home Run contest and the game... He has NEVER been the same since then. His career has gone way down since that game. He was maybe the best player in the MLB before that contest and now he is barely average and is always injured also. And We all know about Uggla. He still has the power but his batting average is as bad as a pitcher ever since the contest and game. I know some people will say its a big coincidence but come on both of them? It really makes me nervous to see him taking his hacks tonight and I wish he would get sick or it would rain or something because we need him the second half. This team can't compete without Stanton being as awesome as he has been this year.

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,351 posts
That's a lot of over thinking.

Erick

Erick

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,408 posts
This is why we can't have nice things.
  • BenderRobot, MrMarlinPride and pollyvonwog like this

The Teal Deal

The Teal Deal

Muckdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

That's a lot of over thinking.

dude its not over thinking. You can see it in the stats before and after. Neither of those players has been the same at all and it is reason to be concerned. It happened to bobby Abreu too after his big performance his career was never the same. Its the curse of the all star game it seems like. I just don't know why they need to play it just do like the nfl nobody watches that pro bowl you just get the honor of being named to it why bother playing the game? makes zero sense the season is too long. why risk injury and messing up your swing???

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,351 posts

dude its not over thinking. You can see it in the stats before and after. Neither of those players has been the same at all and it is reason to be concerned. It happened to bobby Abreu too after his big performance his career was never the same. Its the curse of the all star game it seems like. I just don't know why they need to play it just do like the nfl nobody watches that pro bowl you just get the honor of being named to it why bother playing the game? makes zero sense the season is too long. why risk injury and messing up your swing???

It IS over thinking. First of all, every player is different. Can't compare Hanley to Uggla to Stanton. Second, you can't name all the players that have had problems with the home run derby and then exclude all the ones that haven't. It's a cool story bro, but it's nonsense.

pollyvonwog

pollyvonwog

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,608 posts

Hanley's last year and this year disagrees with you pal

The Teal Deal

The Teal Deal

Muckdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

It IS over thinking. First of all, every player is different. Can't compare Hanley to Uggla to Stanton. Second, you can't name all the players that have had problems with the home run derby and then exclude all the ones that haven't. It's a cool story bro, but it's nonsense.

It is well documented and proven that the home run contest causes a player to have a bad second half. If someone does good in the second half then it is not the normal case. it is a hitting coaches worst nightmare coming true when he sees his player in the batter box in the contest. trust me.

squall

squall

8==========D

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,951 posts

It is well documented and proven that the home run contest causes a player to have a bad second half. If someone does good in the second half then it is not the normal case. it is a hitting coaches worst nightmare coming true when he sees his player in the batter box in the contest. trust me.

Link me to these documents.
  • Wild Card, MrMarlinPride and pollyvonwog like this

The Teal Deal

The Teal Deal

Muckdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Hanley's last year and this year disagrees with you pal

no Hanley only played half the season last year. And this year he only has 11 homeruns and is batting 275... Marcell Ozuna is having a better year then him.... That is not the player he was before. That is not the numbers of the games best player. Not at all. He is average now. That's my point. And we already talked about Uggla. Look it up if you don't believe me. I'm not making up this.

pollyvonwog

pollyvonwog

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,608 posts

Link me to these documents.

http://sabr.org/rese...fact-or-fiction

CONCLUSION
Home Run Derby curse, fact or fiction? We have no choice but to conclude that it’s fiction. If we consider all the ways that the statistics should behave if there is no curse, we find that they consistently match that model. Certainly, some players will have a decline in power-hitting statistics from the first half of the season to the second after participating in the Derby, but it is clear from the analysis that this would have occurred for those players regardless of whether they chose to participate or not.
  • Dr Beinfest likes this

pollyvonwog

pollyvonwog

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,608 posts

no Hanley only played half the season last year. And this year he only has 11 homeruns and is batting 275... Marcell Ozuna is having a better year then him.... That is not the player he was before. That is not the numbers of the games best player. Not at all. He is average now. That's my point. And we already talked about Uggla. Look it up if you don't believe me. I'm not making up this.

Hanley is OPSing 50 pts higher than ozuna and has 10 more SB than him this year you goofball.

pollyvonwog

pollyvonwog

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,608 posts
Is there anything we can do to pull Stanton out of the HR derby tonight before it's too late? Squall you must know someone. why didn't you post this before today Teal Deal?
  • mystikol87 likes this

Larry

Larry

The Head Fish

• Admin
  • 31,188 posts
  • LocationNew York
squall's sources will always be ready to come to the rescue.

The Teal Deal

The Teal Deal

Muckdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Is there anything we can do to pull Stanton out of the HR derby tonight before it's too late? Squall you must know someone. why didn't you post this before today Teal Deal?

I just signed up as a member. I found this site online yesterday. I like it.

The Teal Deal

The Teal Deal

Muckdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
there are not that many sites for the marlins fans.

Erick

Erick

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,408 posts
Teal Deal, what's your favorite kind of beer? Corona?
  • BenderRobot likes this

pollyvonwog

pollyvonwog

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,608 posts

there are not that many sites for the marlins fans.

The marlins fans are few and far between. Either way, glad you found our little nest.

The Teal Deal

The Teal Deal

Muckdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

corona is ok. I like coors light best. silver bullet never lets you down bro.

Larry

Larry

The Head Fish

• Admin
  • 31,188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Why are you asking? You're too young to drink, kid.

Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest

Larry's Little Helper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts
Can't believe nobody has asked the question...

should we be worried?
  • mystikol87 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

JUGS batting cages