SIGN BRANDON MORROW

SIGN BRANDON MORROW

SIGN BRANDON MORROW

SIGN BRANDON MORROW

SIGN BRANDON MORROW

SIGN BRANDON MORROW

SIGN BRANDON MORROW

SIGN BRANDON MORROW

He'll come relatively cheaply, and has the potential to be a #2 guy if he can ever stay on the field. He's likely looking for a 1 year deal to prove himself before trying out free agency again. Throw some money at him and get a really thorough doctor to perform his physical.

Since everybody's throwing an opinion out here I'll go on record as saying imo Eovaldi>Miley. Nothing Miley has done in his career is all too impressive and at this rate Eovaldi and Miley have been equals. I'll take Eovaldi for the simple fact that he's 4 years younger than Miley and walks less batters.

he has less service time, and has a better K/9 and K/BB.

and his 1st Inning ERA is 2 runs less than Eovaldi's.

if it's a straight up trade it's a good deal.

he has less service time, and has a better K/9 and K/BB.

and his 1st Inning ERA is 2 runs less than Eovaldi's.

if it's a straight up trade it's a good deal.

This. Age is irrelevant to the Marlins, it's service time that they care about. In an ass-backwards kind of way I'd almost rather have the 28 year old with less service time because he's got more professional innings under his belt, he's seen more highs and lows and he's more likely to have immediate success IMO. They've both had success, they're both coming off a down year, but Miley offers the left-hand we are missing and brings proven durability. Plus, Marlins Park, yo.

The more I think about it the more I'm also leaning towards Miley. He's more durable, a smidge better, and might be more ready to win now.

Fish Fan 10: problem is that if you give him another year and he doesn't develop, his trade value plummets. Maybe the Marlins see something, and it seems like the more we all look at it, the more we agree with the trade.

However, dim is absolutely right: nobody should get too high or too low about this trade. IF it's an upgrade, it's minor.