Marlins have reached out to Headley

According to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman, the Marlins have reached out to free agent Chase Headley.

Casey McGehee would be moved over to first base if the Fish can work something out with the 30-year-old third baseman. Headley is also drawing serious interest from the Yankees, Giants, and Indians, but his desire for a five-year deal has slowed the process. Headley batted .243/.328/.372 with 13 home runs and 49 RBI in 135 games this past season between San Diego and New York.

Didn't really want him then looked at his stats. I guess I would take that and it does give us a 3b for the next few years which is important because we don't have anything in the system there. Am I the only one who, in this scenario, would see if we could get something for mcgehee because I think a regression is going to come this year he is not going to be a productive player. Sign Headley and still trade for a guy like Moss or something like that at 1b.

I'd rather be proactive then go into the season hoping Mcgehee hits but inevitably realizing he's not going to. See if we can get something for him or maybe even make him a bench player.

Can someone please explain to me why this guy is so sought after beside his defense? He is a career .265 hitter. I dont get this at all!

3.6 WAR in 2013 and 4.4 last year pretty much explains it. There's actually a lot to like about his offensive peripherals last year despite the k rate (which remained steady). Career high LD% and career low GB%. And his defense is actually and legimiately elite unlike some other infielders on the marlins.

thank you.

3.6 WAR in 2013 and 4.4 last year pretty much explains it. There's actually a lot to like about his offensive peripherals last year despite the k rate (which remained steady). Career high LD% and career low GB%. And his defense is actually and legimiately elite unlike some other infielders on the marlins.