Jeter interested in the Marlins?

Hotcorner

I can see Loria selling a piece of the team to him to get his feet wet and in the door, and eventually give him the option to buy a majority stake later as a matter of first refusal.

Seriously. Almost like the Dolphins did with JLo, The Williams sisters and others.

While it would mostly be in name only, Loria would and should look at it as a way to tap into the yankee market in South Florida, and a way to lend credibility to his ownership of the team and its mission in the future.

From the Gold Leeds certification, to the stadiums design and materials in construction- if there's one thing Lorias shown is a propensity of keeping one eye to the future.

There is only one person I want to buy the Marlins, and that is Micky Arison. Because I know there will be a commitment to winning there.

The same guy that let Mike Miller go to save a few change? Or the one whos team has floated a little over .500 the 15+ years LeBron wasnt a part of the organization.

so like as long he doesn't take on any GM responsiblities sure

At least people like LeBron (Jeter), knew letting Miller go was a mistake, and at the we wouldnt have Loria signing guys like Dobbs. But who knows, maybe Jeter will want to bring in guys like Tino Martinez as hitting coach :lol

This is no real secret.

Jeter has basically said he would love to own a team. He has Florida ties.

Its really a better situation to buy a piece of the Marlins than the Rays at this point.

Jeter buys a majority stake in the Marlins once Loria goes away, and figures out a way to force the Rays out of Florida.

Everyone wins really.

This is no real secret.

Jeter has basically said he would love to own a team. He has Florida ties.

Its really a better situation to buy a piece of the Marlins than the Rays at this point.

Jeter buys a majority stake in the Marlins once Loria goes away, and figures out a way to force the Rays out of Florida.

Everyone wins really.

Everyone except the Rays and their real fans?

Everyone except the Rays and their real fans?

Rays win because they get to goto a city that will appreciate them in Montreal, who got fucked by Loria and MLB.

If Tampa had fans, they would actually show up to fucking games when they are in pennant races, so I feel no sorrow for them, they can either follow the Marlins or follow the Rays to Montreal.

I don't really wanna get into a huge debate about the Rays, their fan base, and Montreal baseball fans.... But...

-Despite low attendance, die-hard Rays fans do exist. Remember when the Marlins were threatening relocation? Imagine how that'd have felt to real Marlins fans like you and I. Poor attendance doesn't mean true fans don't exist and that's what I was getting at with my previous post.

-And as for Montreal, are you talking about all those die hard baseball fans that showed up in the last ten years of Expos baseball? Montreal and Tampa have similar attendance issues. It's not like moving the Rays to Montreal is a perfect solution.

The same guy that let Mike Miller go to save a few change? Or the one whos team has floated a little over .500 the 15+ years LeBron wasnt a part of the organization.

http://www.landofbasketball.com/teams/records_miami_heat.htm

In 7 of those 15 years they had a winning percentage over .600 including one season over .700. 5 of the other 8 years they were over .500 including one season at .575. Only three of those 15 season were under .500. They reached the Eastern Conference finals twice and also won a Championship in 06. That doesn't look like a team that floated " a little over .500" for 15 years. That looks like a well run and well organized franchise. But hey, don't let those numbers stop you from hating.

*Sorry I don't mean to turn this into a Heat thread.