2: Mat "Lost a T" Latos

3: Jarred Cos <3

4: Nathan Eovaldi

5: Tom Koehler/Dan Haren

LHP: Hand, McKinrahan

Late Innings: Ramos, Capps, Dunn, Morris

Middle Innings: Hand, Crow, Dyson

Closer: Steven C. Sheck

So...what's next? Do we trade/give away Garrett Jones? Do we still move Eovaldi if Haren decides to stay?

Maybe a Eovaldi/Haren/Jones package to a West Coast team will help us restock a little bit of the farm? Although we likely wouldn't get much. Thoughts?

talk+amongst+yourselves.gif

I don't see anything wrong with the bullpen.

The only thing that's scary is our infield. If they exceed expectations, I expect playoffs.

We do well in the playoffs.

Yeah, we only really upgraded at 1B as far as the infield. A regression-heavy Dee Gordon, a bottom 3 in baseball Adeiny Hechavarria, and a Real Casey McGehee in the rest of the dirt.

Yeah, we only really upgraded at 1B as far as the infield. A regression-heavy Dee Gordon, a bottom 3 in baseball Adeiny Hechavarria, and a Real Casey McGehee in the rest of the dirt.

Regardless of anyone's opinion on Dee Gordon, we definitely upgraded there too to be fair. Let's not forget who used to play there for us.

Regardless of anyone's opinion on Dee Gordon, we definitely upgraded there too to be fair. Let's not forget who used to play there for us.

Yeah, we definitely upgraded at the very very least in terms of baserunning. These Steamer projections for 2015 scare me though:

Dee Gordon: .261/.313/.341, 83 WRC+

Donovan Solano: .253/.303/.338, 79 WRC+

Derek Dietrich: .243/.302/.402, 96 WRC+

Yeah, we definitely upgraded at the very very least in terms of baserunning. These Steamer projections for 2015 scare me though:

Dee Gordon: .261/.313/.341, 83 WRC+

Donovan Solano: .253/.303/.338, 79 WRC+

Derek Dietrich: .243/.302/.402, 96 WRC+

They are just projections though. Curious what ZiPs thinks. (I still hate the trade, but am living with it)... Maybe brett butler can work his magic and turn dee into brett butler jr.

Most importantly, we never have to see solano or adeiny at the top of the order again

So here's my thing:

Dee Gordon is infinitely more talented than our other 2B options. It's just a matter of whether or not he'll be able to put it together for a whole season as pitchers start to realize that, despite his lack of power, he's a relatively free swinger.

Also, Michael Morse and Justin Morneau are essentially equal in that we would have made our pitching worse by acquiring Morneau. The difference between Morse and Morneau is not worth a Cosart or an Alvarez.