Welcome Guest

Navigation

Welcome to MarlinsBaseball.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
  • Loading Countdowns
Photo

Post Game 8/12

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

BenderRobot

BenderRobot

Marlin

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,328 posts
A victory, a series victory!

fish14

fish14

Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
I know its cliche but a sweep tomorrow would be huge. Especially given our upcoming schedule.
  • Vince0926 likes this

Hotcorner

Hotcorner

Teal Avenger

• Moderators
  • 19,013 posts
Cosart really solid. Solano just being Solano.

Bret Hart

Bret Hart

Wannabe Sungwoo Lee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea
Congret to Cosart's first win as a marlin with 7 innings shutout.

2 GIDP and 1 CS from Stanton? I don't care. Just happened.

Most important thing is we get a winning series against Cards.
  • Wild Card and Vince0926 like this

Joe8512

Joe8512

Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
Great game. Good to see different people coming through. Salty and Solano!
  • Vince0926 likes this

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

I know its cliche but a sweep tomorrow would be huge. Especially given our upcoming schedule.

You step on every teams throat and dont surrender until september 28th.

UCFUgglaLuva

UCFUgglaLuva

Grasshopper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Solano's 2 hr's this year are off Price and Wainwright. You can't make this stuff up.
  • Wild Card and Vince0926 like this

Jokersgoon

Jokersgoon

Bitch, I love Rugrats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts
Cosart is a STUD. YEAH I SAID IT !!!!

Rydawg

Rydawg

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
Why couldn't the Marlins wives be wearing white T'shirts for the Ice bucket challenge???
  • Piazza31 likes this

CoastieMike

CoastieMike

Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLong Island
Yes it's only been two starts, but I've liked what Cosart has brought to the table.

Joe8512

Joe8512

Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Solano's 2 hr's this year are off Price and Wainwright. You can't make this stuff up.

He's our slingblade type player. In his own simple way he contributes.

Erick

Erick

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,484 posts
The road to 13-5. Just 11-5 left!
  • Wild Card, SilverBullet1929, dim and 3 others like this

gizmo

gizmo

RALLY, BITCH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,880 posts
Nice start from Cosart. Hopefully more to come from him.

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

And im sure they have been 11-5 at some point this year. Probably in that recent run.

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,522 posts

Notice the penguin is nowhere to be found!
  • Piazza31 likes this

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Notice the penguin is nowhere to be found!

Maybe you guys know him personally, I dont know, but he seems to be a guy that just flat out hates life. Or the most pessimistic guy I could ever meet. Nobody wants to remember what happened last year, so considering its august 12 and we are 3 wins short of our 2013 total is awesome. So everybody, please enjoy it.

dim

dim

President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,456 posts
Cosart was good but guy doesn't get enough K's, he doesn't keep his pitch count down and he doesn't keep the ball on the ground nearly enough.

I am very excited for Cosart's potential while pitching in Marlins Park, as it has a big factor on making pitchers look really really good, and starts like tonight are very encouraging for the simple fact that he only gave up one walk. Cosart's biggest issue since joining the majors was command, and up until the later innings he was in control of every single of his pitches, especially the curveball which was lethal.

Long term I see us coming out on top in that Cosart/Hernandez/Wates for Moran/Marisnick trade. I don't see Marisnick or Moran turning into good major leaguers and I can see Cosart being a solid #3 or 4 starter at the major league level in due time. I think the Marlins realized they needed to trade Marisnick/Moran now while they're value is still relatively hot before Marisnick proves he can't hit major league hitting and Moran proves he's a slightly better version of Zack Cox. Wates has solid minor league numbers even if he is getting up in years and Kike had a good short major league run with the 'Stros, coming off a great minor league season in AAA and seemed to be generally beloved by Astros fans.

You know the more I think about it the more I like the trade. Five years of cheap, team control of Cosart along with Hernandez and Wates seems well worth Moran's low ceiling and Marisnick's good defense but frustrating bat (aka Cameron Maybin 2.0). Losing the draft pick sucks, but we trade those picks all the time so whatever.

BTW We're only 3.5 games out of the Wild Card now. I always made fun of fans for scoreboard watching early in the season but once the trade deadline passed it is now 100% time to scoreboard watch. Even if it seems likely we'll fall out of the race sometime in early September it's a lot of fun to be following Marlins baseball into mid August. Last time I've followed the team thoroughly this late into the season was probably 2010. It's been a damn while.
  • Wild Card likes this

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,522 posts
In wouldn't go that far, but he's definitely a pessimist. We don't get a ton of opportunities to be positive, so I will take all I can get.
  • Vince0926 likes this

dim

dim

President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,456 posts

I know it's all partially at the very least a joke, I really do respect how this team continues to fight each and every day, and a lot of that credit has to go to Redmond. That July 31st loss to the Reds could've been a turning point that led to a downward spiral on the season, and while it hasn't been pretty we've gone 6-5 since that game.

There have been two times in this season where this team very easily could've given up and just gone into a downward spiral. The first time was right at the All Star Break, when we got swept by the Mets. The season was on the brink of dead. Then we lost two games back to back to start the second half and just like that we're eight games under .500. Season could've easily been dead at the point.

Last year's team would've crumbled and died. This year's team decided to go 9-1 over the next ten games and bring themselves right back to .500. We could've falled apart again after the BS call against the Reds, but so far we've stayed the course.

I respect the hell out of the fight this team's put up this year. It's the most well rounded team the Marlins have put on the field since the 2008-2010 stretch which was fun as hell. Mostly it's just nice to watch good baseball again.
  • Hotcorner likes this

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,522 posts
Actually Dim, with the bullpen settling in, the rotation regaining Cosart and Alvarez, and the second base situation under control for the moment, things are looking better for us to be in this race and stay competitive now more than ever...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

JUGS batting cages