Welcome Guest

Navigation

Welcome to MarlinsBaseball.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Post Game 8/12

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

dim

dim

President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,404 posts

Actually Dim, with the bullpen settling in, the rotation regaining Cosart and Alvarez, and the second base situation under control for the moment, things are looking better for us to be in this race and stay competitive now more than ever...

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Bryan Morris, as unlikely as it sounds, saved our season. Without the Bryan Morris trade, I highly doubt we're anywhere near this race right now. It's absolutely nuts to think that the trade every fan and every baseball critic trashed at the time the Marlins made it, could end up being the trade that keeps the team in the race into mid August.

Baseball can be funny, and that's exactly why we all love it.
  • UCFUgglaLuva likes this

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,374 posts

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Bryan Morris, as unlikely as it sounds, saved our season. Without the Bryan Morris trade, I highly doubt we're anywhere near this race right now. It's absolutely nuts to think that the trade every fan and every baseball critic trashed at the time the Marlins made it, could end up being the trade that keeps the team in the race into mid August.

Baseball can be funny, and that's exactly why we all love it.

I didn't trash that trade, FYI. I was trashed for liking it. And idk if he saved the season, but he helped save the bullpen. There's plenty of time left for Morris to suck in Miami, we have many more years of Morris to come. But for now, I will enjoy being right about the now.

dim

dim

President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,404 posts
He saved the season. He solidified the bullpen. When he found his role in that 8th inning and Gregg went away, the rest of the bullpen took shape around him. The team finally found how to properly utilize AJ Ramos and Mike Dunn to the best of their abilities. Hatcher and Dyson have done a hell of a job in middle relief to take the burden off some of the starters who have had to fill in over the past few weeks. And Cishek, despite his struggles as of late, is still a very very good closer and is getting more chances to close out games with Morris getting the job done in the 8th inning.

I'm not saying Morris did it alone, but without the Morris trade this team would be far worse than 1 game under .500. Morris' impact this year goes far beyond WAR.

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Actually Dim, with the bullpen settling in, the rotation regaining Cosart and Alvarez, and the second base situation under control for the moment, things are looking better for us to be in this race and stay competitive now more than ever...

When is alvarez coming back?

pollyvonwog

pollyvonwog

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,626 posts
somehow this team is 3.5 out of the wild card. I think this means we're officially in the race rite guys?!?! AUGUST BASEBALL!!!!

Undakai

Undakai

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

When is alvarez coming back?

I've heard as early as this week, but I don't see it scheduled yet.

Erick

Erick

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,408 posts
Supposedly, Alvarez is pitching Saturday.

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,374 posts

somehow this team is 3.5 out of the wild card. I think this means we're officially in the race rite guys?!?! AUGUST BASEBALL!!!!

We are absolutely in it.

pollyvonwog

pollyvonwog

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,626 posts
Larry, anyway to find that post where I made the bet the fish would go x-x by the end of the year?

Larry

Larry

The Head Fish

• Admin
  • 31,254 posts
  • LocationNew York

Larry, anyway to find that post where I made the bet the fish would go x-x by the end of the year?

http://www.marlinsba...game/?p=1484863

pollyvonwog

pollyvonwog

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,626 posts

http://www.marlinsba...game/?p=1484863

12-7 thus far by my count?

Larry

Larry

The Head Fish

• Admin
  • 31,254 posts
  • LocationNew York

12-7 thus far by my count?

Yep, that's what I got too

Erick

Erick

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,408 posts
What's our record when Vince starts a game thread this year?

Larry

Larry

The Head Fish

• Admin
  • 31,254 posts
  • LocationNew York

What's our record when Vince starts a game thread this year?

17-10 I believe

LordMagnus

LordMagnus

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,927 posts
Well guys, ESPN ran a story about the Marlins, so expect a 10 game losing streak incoming.

BenderRobot

BenderRobot

Marlin

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,199 posts

Well guys, ESPN ran a story about the Marlins, so expect a 10 game losing streak incoming.

Aw, dicks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

JUGS batting cages