Welcome Guest

Navigation

Welcome to MarlinsBaseball.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
  • Loading Countdowns
Photo

Post Game 8/15

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,794 posts

I mean it has been rather disastrous. Of course he is in AA already he was supposed to be one of the most advanced college bats in recent memory. He hasn't been promoted that high because of his play however.

A 6th overall pick with good plate discipline should have over a .346 career minors OBP in his first year if he is coming out of college and supposed to be fast tracked. His power was supposed to improve but it wasn't supposed to be this low already. barely over .400 Slugging in his career thus far and that is over 200 AB's in great hitting parks where he is not and Greensboro last year.

Just answer me this question, if Moran was a 14th round pick would you be defending him so vehemently if we traded him?

If Moran was a 14th round pick he wouldn't have gotten us Jared Cosart and the trade would have never happened, so that's rather irrelevant. You just seem to be rather impatient with him. Be happy he's gone and move on.

fish14

fish14

Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

If Moran was a 14th round pick he wouldn't have gotten us Jared Cosart and the trade would have never happened, so that's rather irrelevant. You just seem to be rather impatient with him. Be happy he's gone and move on.

Regardless of this particular trade, based upon what you've seen him produce and not what he is supposed to be, would you be this upset if we traded him if he was not a high profile first round pick?

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,794 posts

Regardless of this particular trade, based upon what you've seen him produce and not what he is supposed to be, would you be this upset if we traded him if he was not a high profile first round pick?

But you can't ignore his projection as if it's a non-factor. A 14th round pick comes with no expectations, and a first rounder does. That's the reality of this situation, so if a 14th rounder with those numbers was traded of course I wouldn't mind, he would never never been expected to amount to much anyway.

Now, you seem to think I am upset with the trade. On the contrary, I like the deal and did not mind moving Moran or Marisnick. I just disagree with your opinion that Moran will never amount to anything. That would have been more likely to come true if he stayed here, but the Astros will give him every opportunity to replace Matt Dominguez and he will have a lot more success in that park than he would have had here.

fish14

fish14

Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

But you can't ignore his projection as if it's a non-factor. A 14th round pick comes with no expectations, and a first rounder does. That's the reality of this situation, so if a 14th rounder with those numbers was traded of course I wouldn't mind, he would never never been expected to amount to much anyway.

Now, you seem to think I am upset with the trade. On the contrary, I like the deal and did not mind moving Moran or Marisnick. I just disagree with your opinion that Moran will never amount to anything. That would have been more likely to come true if he stayed here, but the Astros will give him every opportunity to replace Matt Dominguez and he will have a lot more success in that park than he would have had here.

Ok I can understand that opinion, we just disagree. I just don't think he has any real projectable tools that can make him a capable major league starter.

Piazza31

Piazza31

Pr*ck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,957 posts

That doesnt mean you can strike out that bad against that same tigers team again. We got nothing out of a deal where we traded a top of the rotation arm and a quality second baseman, no matter if they were free agents.

You got what you could for what you no longer were keeping- it sucks we lost the trade but don't let blind hatred for the ownership and front office prevent you from seeing we didn't just give hem away
  • SilverBullet1929 likes this

fish14

fish14

Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

You got what you could for what you no longer were keeping- it sucks we lost the trade but don't let blind hatred for the ownership and front office prevent you from seeing we didn't just give hem away

Gave them away in the sense that we didn't get anything of value. Obviously we didn't give them away but we have had too many trades involving good assets where we get nothing in return.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

JUGS batting cages