Hand or Penny out of the rotation.

Any bets?

Posted · Report post

Penny definitely. Hand has actually looked pretty good lately imho

Posted · Report post

But marlins FO...

Posted · Report post

Penny over Disco to stay? Horrible. Gove Disco major league innings.

Posted · Report post

Um he's been garbage lately. AKA Brad Hand. He isn't good. Neither is. I agree though. At least Hand has SOME potential.

Posted · Report post

Penny can play mop up man, hopefully.

Posted · Report post

Penny doesn't have the stuff to continue having good starts moving forward. I feel like the Marlins will go with Penny over Hand, but in the stretch run I hope the rotation is Alvarez/Eovaldi/Cosart/Koehler/Hand. Feels like the rotation that gives us the best chance to win. Next season we hopefully start out with Alvarez/Eovaldi/Heaney/Cosart/Koehler with Koehler sadly with a pitcher being bullpen-ized when Fernandez is healthy post All Star Break.

It's a bit annoying that we have six or seven decent starting pitching prospects in the minors who could potentially start sometime next year or early 2016 (Heaney/Nicolino/Flynn/Urena/Conley/Williams) and I'm worried that none of these guys (outside of Heaney) have good enough stuff to even be a #4/5 starter at the major league level. I thought we could bank on at least one of these guys breaking out this year, and funny enough the real breakout pitcher in the minors came from low A ball in Domingo German. I still see our minors as a strength for pitching, but it's worrisome how we truly lack in potential top of the rotation arms.

Posted · Report post

Makes no sense to keep Penny instead of Desclafani.

Posted · Report post

Disco doesn't belong in the majors at the moment. Makes sense if they feel Penny can help the team in a playoff race. Hell as obvious as the impending implosion is Penny hasn't had bad starts his two times out so I can see why the team believes in him.

Posted · Report post

Um he's been garbage lately. AKA Brad Hand. He isn't good. Neither is. I agree though. At least Hand has SOME potential.

He has had 1 garbage game since returning, posting a sub 4 era in that time. Now unless someone comes in and shows me stays saying he's been uncharacteristically lucky for the past few weeks (since I have missed quite a few of his starts and haven't seen for myself) , for a low end starter, that's pretty good, not "garbage".