Welcome Guest

Navigation

Welcome to MarlinsBaseball.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Disco to AAA, Hendy to be activated

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Larry

Larry

The Head Fish

• Admin
  • 31,187 posts
  • LocationNew York
That is all

BenderRobot

BenderRobot

Marlin

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,145 posts
Alright, more Penny!

SongInTheAir

SongInTheAir

LET'S BASEBALL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts
Hand or Penny out of the rotation.

Any bets?

Undakai

Undakai

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
Penny definitely. Hand has actually looked pretty good lately imho

pollyvonwog

pollyvonwog

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,608 posts

But marlins FO...

Benched

Benched

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,668 posts
Penny over Disco to stay? Horrible. Gove Disco major league innings.

Benched

Benched

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,668 posts

Um he's been garbage lately. AKA Brad Hand. He isn't good. Neither is. I agree though. At least Hand has SOME potential.

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,351 posts
Penny can play mop up man, hopefully.

dim

dim

President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,399 posts
Penny doesn't have the stuff to continue having good starts moving forward. I feel like the Marlins will go with Penny over Hand, but in the stretch run I hope the rotation is Alvarez/Eovaldi/Cosart/Koehler/Hand. Feels like the rotation that gives us the best chance to win. Next season we hopefully start out with Alvarez/Eovaldi/Heaney/Cosart/Koehler with Koehler sadly with a pitcher being bullpen-ized when Fernandez is healthy post All Star Break.

It's a bit annoying that we have six or seven decent starting pitching prospects in the minors who could potentially start sometime next year or early 2016 (Heaney/Nicolino/Flynn/Urena/Conley/Williams) and I'm worried that none of these guys (outside of Heaney) have good enough stuff to even be a #4/5 starter at the major league level. I thought we could bank on at least one of these guys breaking out this year, and funny enough the real breakout pitcher in the minors came from low A ball in Domingo German. I still see our minors as a strength for pitching, but it's worrisome how we truly lack in potential top of the rotation arms.

fish14

fish14

Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
Makes no sense to keep Penny instead of Desclafani.

dim

dim

President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,399 posts
Disco doesn't belong in the majors at the moment. Makes sense if they feel Penny can help the team in a playoff race. Hell as obvious as the impending implosion is Penny hasn't had bad starts his two times out so I can see why the team believes in him.

Undakai

Undakai

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Um he's been garbage lately. AKA Brad Hand. He isn't good. Neither is. I agree though. At least Hand has SOME potential.

He has had 1 garbage game since returning, posting a sub 4 era in that time. Now unless someone comes in and shows me stays saying he's been uncharacteristically lucky for the past few weeks (since I have missed quite a few of his starts and haven't seen for myself) , for a low end starter, that's pretty good, not "garbage".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

JUGS batting cages