Welcome Guest

Navigation

Welcome to MarlinsBaseball.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
  • Loading Countdowns
Photo

August 16th Post Game Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

BenderRobot

BenderRobot

Marlin

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,321 posts

D-Backs is who we play tomorrow. It is 4 game set.

That and I've never heard of a series starting on a Sunday.

Undakai

Undakai

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

think you guys may have misinterpreted what he said there

BenderRobot

BenderRobot

Marlin

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,321 posts

think you guys may have misinterpreted what he said there

Can't we just be dicks? :(

8BitSamurai

8BitSamurai

Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
Terrible errors from the D-Backs but a nice win nonetheless. .500 tomorrow, let's make it happen.

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

That and I've never heard of a series starting on a Sunday.

Bender robot, to open the second half of the 2001 season, marlins played the yankees on thursday,friday, and saturday. Then they hosted the orioles sunday,monday,tuesday.

#damngoodmemory

BenderRobot

BenderRobot

Marlin

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,321 posts

Bender robot, to open the second half of the 2001 season, marlins played the yankees on thursday,friday, and saturday. Then they hosted the orioles sunday,monday,tuesday.

#damngoodmemory

Well damn. (checks)
You are correct. Nicely done.
  • Vince0926 likes this

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,501 posts

Well damn. (checks)
You are correct. Nicely done.

Who remembers that shit?

Funny because once Vince said that it triggered my memory. My big sister took me to a game during that series for my 12th birthday. I remember because we played the Yankees at home, which is rare.

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Who remembers that shit?
Funny because once Vince said that it triggered my memory. My big sister took me to a game during that series for my 12th birthday. I remember because we played the Yankees at home, which is rare.

I didnt check the scores but i know we beat the hell out of the yankees in one game and lost the 3rd game. It was the summer before i began at miami senior high for ninth grade.

Henry Jones

Henry Jones

Nebraska's Official Marlins fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts
Arizona played tonight like how most people think the Marlins play, including some people on this forum. They can be bad. They aren't aren't THAT bad with an exception of last season.
  • SilverBullet1929 and enterthemadness like this

MrMarlinPride

MrMarlinPride

Unsung Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,349 posts
Was at the game, my first and likely only of the year and all I have to say is... wow Jeff Mathis is horrible offensively.

Henderson is continuing to prove that he's a solid top of the rotation guy and the position players other than Yelich and Giancarlo are so terribly average it's unbelievable.

Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest

Larry's Little Helper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,106 posts

Henderson has thrown a no hitter and Fernandez is a stud. Hard to pick. I am glad both are wearing Marlins uniforms.

So? You know how many no names have managed a no hitter or PG? Fernandez basically would've won the Cy Young in his rookie season, were it not for that freak of nature. Henderson is behaving like a #1 for sure, but I still think the level of dominance is noticeable.

Joe8512

Joe8512

Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Was at the game, my first and likely only of the year and all I have to say is... wow Jeff Mathis is horrible offensively.

Agreed but id rather have his defense than Salty who is awful at both.

Realmuto seemed promising

fish14

fish14

Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

you didn't read correctly

SilverBullet1929

SilverBullet1929

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Huge swing game tomorrow. Could be the start to a great homestand or a mediocre start. A win tomorrow with Texas and colorado coming up next would be fairly awesome.

How can tomorrow be the start to a homestand that started on Monday and only has three games left?

BenderRobot

BenderRobot

Marlin

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,321 posts

How can tomorrow be the start to a homestand that started on Monday and only has three games left?

You may have read that wrong, too, but who knows? :D

I see how we read the second half wrong, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

JUGS batting cages