Welcome Guest

Navigation

Welcome to MarlinsBaseball.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
  • Loading Countdowns
Photo

FISH14

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Erick

Erick

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,578 posts
I don't really know what's going on here, but we should definitely consider paying Cubans to play for us. It's done a lot of good for other teams.

fish14

fish14

Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

I don't really know what's going on here, but we should definitely consider paying Cubans to play for us. It's done a lot of good for other teams.

ya, pretty cut and dry. I'm not sure how you can make a case otherwise. Almost every cuban to defect recently has been worth it. Cespedes, Chapman, Puig, Guerrerro from the dodgers will be good, Abreu, Soler will be a beast for the cubs, Hech is before that time but he's a future hall of famer.

fish14

fish14

Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

It doesnt matter though because Piazza31 says he is destroying us in the argument and shutting us down because he is posting pictures on an internet forum saying how much he is shutting us down. We really had no shot. He wins man, he's got internet tough guy pictures!!!

Piazza31

Piazza31

Pr*ck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts
I agree with Erick, what he's said is different from what you've said, get cubans..... I'm sayign don't overpay. All of those guys could have had replacements. Instead of Cespedes in 2012, you could have had Cody Ross - Proven and I believe cheaper.

You should throw 50MM at a scouting report.

Here's some mediocre cubans. Gonzalez is the exact reason to be careful w cubans.

Yuneski Betancourt
Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez
Alexi Ramirez
Leonys Martin
Dayan Viciendo

Piazza31

Piazza31

Pr*ck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts

It doesnt matter though because Piazza31 says he is destroying us in the argument and shutting us down because he is posting pictures on an internet forum saying how much he is shutting us down. We really had no shot. He wins man, he's got internet tough guy pictures!!!

Posted Image
  • pollyvonwog likes this

Undakai

Undakai

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
Like I said, Winn Dixie fo this shit.

Wild Card

Wild Card

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,805 posts

We were in on Cespedes and Abreu, I think we all agreed when they signed their deals we were happy the Marlins didn't offer THAT much...

fish14

fish14

Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
I think 4 years 36 million on Cespedes would have been better than some of the other money we spent that offseason. Ill admit he is a tad bit overpaid, he's probably worth something like 7 million rather than 9 per year but thats just the cost of getting these guys as if they are normal free agents rather than guys that have been drafted.

I personally think they are worth it and the recent ones have been very much worth it, but we're pretty much fighting over something that really isn't a big deal, you have your opinion i have mine.

Erick

Erick

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,578 posts

We were in on Cespedes and Abreu, I think we all agreed when they signed their deals we were happy the Marlins didn't offer THAT much...

I had concerns with Cespedes because, at the time, it was unknown how good these Cuban players were going to be.
I absolutely would've given Abreu what he got. Abreu being a great hitter isn't exactly a surprise. Before he came over to the States, there were scouting reports saying that he was one of the best hitters in the world. After watching Cespedes, Puig, etc. play, I would've absolutely taken that risk. Abreu is the best bargain in baseball right now.
  • Rydawg likes this

Erick

Erick

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,578 posts

I agree with Erick, what he's said is different from what you've said, get cubans..... I'm sayign don't overpay. All of those guys could have had replacements. Instead of Cespedes in 2012, you could have had Cody Ross - Proven and I believe cheaper.

You should throw 50MM at a scouting report.

Here's some mediocre cubans. Gonzalez is the exact reason to be careful w cubans.

Yuneski Betancourt
Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez
Alexi Ramirez
Leonys Martin
Dayan Viciendo

With the exception of Gonzalez, none of those guys are overpaid.
I think it's safe to say that the position players are more advanced than the pitchers. The few busts from Cuba have been pitchers. The position player signings have been pretty successful.

Piazza31

Piazza31

Pr*ck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts

With the exception of Gonzalez, none of those guys are overpaid.
I think it's safe to say that the position players are more advanced than the pitchers. The few busts from Cuba have been pitchers. The position player signings have been pretty successful.

The fact they are paid means those guys are overpaid. The pitchers thing I never thought about.

I'd love to have a team full of Cubans, seriously. But a team who operates on a limited budget and TRIES to make smart decisions has to be careful when it comes to non MLB talent. Imagine if we sunk the $67MM it would have taken to sign Abreu only to find out he can't field for shit, or worse- couldn't hit. What would an NL team do with a poor fielding hitter in a spacious pitchers park?

I wish Abreu was here, but I was glad at the time we passed on a $67MM atleast investment that had a very good chance of blowing up.

A lot of board members were happy we lost that bid, but it seems popular to poop on the marlins for lack of "sexiness".

Our OF is good right now, I don't know if I would take any player out to put Cespedes in unless we successfully moved Yelich to 1B.

If we can get more Cubans , great- but we do have to be careful. I'd rather sign them when they are MLB vets and free agents than just fresh from defection.

Piazza31

Piazza31

Pr*ck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts
I walked away from the conversation just so I can see why I was getting so.... Abusive.

I realized I have no patience for stupidity.

Sorry for mistaking your argument as one from intellectual thinking and rationalization.

I promise it won't happen again.

Back to memes and pictures of supermarkets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

JUGS batting cages