Welcome Guest

Navigation

Welcome to MarlinsBaseball.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
  • Loading Countdowns
Photo

Post Game 8/24

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

canada-marlin24

canada-marlin24

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

And how fucking fitting was that 9th inning?

Way to lose a crucial series on a must win day assholes.

Edmeister

Edmeister

Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Making teams who are well out of anything look like they are good. 

Love how no one is finding the clutch to contribute to a play off.  Much less the manager who will come out and imply that he thought Penny had "good stuff" just absolutely despicable. 

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts
And mr. Mvp strikes out to end the game. Smoke and mirrors, my friends. His strikeout mirrors the delusion that the team is a playoff contender and that he himself is a real mvp. Complete exposure. Disgrace of a series. And holy hell what bad managing.

SongInTheAir

SongInTheAir

LET'S BASEBALL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts

Never go full retard, Redmond.

I hate the concept of saving a bullpen. So lose today for sure IN CASE we're in a situation to win tomorrow? Stupid.

Piazza31

Piazza31

Pr*ck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts
Watch us sweep the Angels.

Seriously, in waiting for a mind fuck moment this year and that would be it.

canada-marlin24

canada-marlin24

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Leaving Penny in to pitch the 7th after we made it 5-4 and then those two rockets being caught in the 9th was icing on the cake. 

And back under .500. Truth is that if we dont turn on the burners now its over. 

And you know what, that fuck tard Redmond surely saw the scoreboard and that everyone in front of us lost today. If I am the manager, I am in that dugout pushing guys and firing guys up telling them how bad we need this game. Not like get in their faces but push them to say there is no way they are going to lose this one, especially with the Angels and Braves coming up. 

Instead, he sits there and whispers to his girlfriend Leary.

Bret Hart

Bret Hart

Wannabe Sungwoo Lee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Not availables : Pinch-hitter, No. 2 spot, Starting pitchers, and entire all infielders.

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Leaving Penny in to pitch the 7th after we made it 5-4 and then those two rockets being caught in the 9th was icing on the cake. 

And back under .500. Truth is that if we dont turn on the burners now its over. 

And you know what, that fuck tard Redmond surely saw the scoreboard and that everyone in front of us lost today. If I am the manager, I am in that dugout pushing guys and firing guys up telling them how bad we need this game. Not like get in their faces but push them to say there is no way they are going to lose this one, especially with the Angels and Braves coming up. 

Yup no killer instinct. They deserved to lose this game. A total lackluster effort.

canada-marlin24

canada-marlin24

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Johnson, Jones, and Mathis looked pretty pissed, dont know if it was because they lost or if they want to punch Redmond. 

Mathis slammed the railing when Solano's ball was caught. 

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Johnson, Jones, and Mathis looked pretty pissed, dont know if it was because they lost or if they want to punch Redmond. 

Mathis slammed the railing when Solano's ball was caught.

Johnson who hasnt gotten a hit since july 20, 2009
Jones who rakes at coors field
Mathis who has a .200 average.

Someone deserves an ass chewing, but how can redmond do that to himself.

canada-marlin24

canada-marlin24

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

About Garret Jones, this was supposed to be a "power bat" but honestly, unless he dead pulls it, anything else in the air goes nowhere. 

SongInTheAir

SongInTheAir

LET'S BASEBALL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts

If I'm on the team and Red tries to fire me up, I tell him to start by putting in a real pitcher. You can't fire up your offense when they know they're going to be in a hole no matter what with Penny on the mound.

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

If I'm on the team and Red tries to fire me up, I tell him to start by putting in a real pitcher. You can't fire up your offense when they know they're going to be in a hole no matter what with Penny on the mound.

You have 5 weeks left. You play through pain. You dont put in brad penny.
  • SongInTheAir likes this

SongInTheAir

SongInTheAir

LET'S BASEBALL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts

You're damn right. We're in a playoff race. Every game matters. Every inning matters. This "save the bullpen" bullshit is an insult to the team and to the fans. If you were to ask any guy in that bullpen if he would have been willing to come into today's game, I guarantee every single one of them would have said yes.

canada-marlin24

canada-marlin24

Marlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

I will give Penny credit, he got through the 5th but after he gave up that 2-out run in the 6th that should have been it. 

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

I will give Penny credit, he got through the 5th but after he gave up that 2-out run in the 6th that should have been it.

Nope nope nope. You strike gold getting 2 outs to end the 5th. Quit while you are ahead of the curve.
  • SongInTheAir likes this

squall

squall

8==========D

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,319 posts

Yup no killer instinct. They deserved to lose this game. A total lackluster effort.

Leo Nunez took all the killer instinct this team had and gave it to Juan Carlos Oviedo.

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

You're damn right. We're in a playoff race. Every game matters. Every inning matters. This "save the bullpen" bullshit is an insult to the team and to the fans. If you were to ask any guy in that bullpen if he would have been willing to come into today's game, I guarantee every single one of them would have said yes.

Yup. But apparently the players are little kids. Not adults. And again, last night i mentioned job descriptions. Why is ramos a 7th inning guy? When the 6th rolled around, you should have had him pitch or even dunn. Not brad fucking penny. I dont know. Tired of repeating myself.

squall

squall

8==========D

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,319 posts
Playing through pain is fucking stupid unless its a bruise or something.

Vince0926

Vince0926

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Playing through pain is fucking stupid unless its a bruise or something.

If there was pain then the team would be entirely on the DL. If im redmond im thinking every day that all systems are go and the mission to win the game, regardless of yesterday or who we play tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

JUGS batting cages