Marlins interested in Cuban infielder Hector Olivera

I'm not sure if its good or bad that we're finally serious about one of these Cuban guys. They can't and won't all turn out like Abreu.

Then again, the Marlins wisely won't break the bank on this guy so I wouldn't put much stock into this just yet. The bidding for these guys can get stupidly high and we don't need that much money on a gamble.

Marlins offered Olivera $53 million allegedly, but the Dodgers offered somewhere in the ballpark of $75+ million. Marlins had the second largest offer for Olivera.

Just wow. Honestly don't know where Olivera would play anyway if his arm is rumored to be close to shot. 2nd base is Gordon's, and 3B is currently Prado's. Unless they think Olivera was going to replace Hech midseason I don't know how going after Olivera makes too much sense.

He won't be a Marlin anyway but I was also wondering where he would play.

​I would imagine 3B 4 days a week, Prado plays 3B the other 2.5+, and picks up 1.5+ more starts a week on off days for 1B, 2B, SS, LF or RF. Prado plays against all lefties and Marlins go all Brock Holt with him.

It wouldn't be a bad thing, but as an organization, they do not platoon and move guys around so they would never. You'd hope Hech was booted off the island and they decide whatever the best defensive arrangement of Prado, Gordon, Olivera is.

But no chance after Gordon acquisition. Save the money to contribute to Yelich buyout and deadline pitching.