3/24 Cuts

Admin

I wonder how this is going to go down with Solano, Brignac, and Valdespin.

We know what Solano is and he's only mediocre at shortstop. Brignac has pop and plays second, short, and third well. Valdespin having a nice spring, has good power, speed, and can play right and second pretty well.

Brignac may get it because he plays short better than Solano, bats left, and has more power.

Thoughts?

Can't forget Don Kelly guys.

There's just so many guys in the mix now and with the exception of probably Sizemore no one hasn't made a solid case for themselves.

One thing I do see is that with Solano having an option left I wouldn't doubt him finally getting passed over this time. The organization won't lose him, can store him away for future use, and can keep at least two of these non roster guys.

If anything I'll predict Brignac and Kelly both get a spot, Brignac for his shortstop work and Kelly more for his outfield and first base work. Those two guys, along with Baker, cover all of your utility needs.

Valdespin can be AAA depth and I doubt he doesn't accept the assignment knowing he had a role last year he'll likely get a chance again this year eventually. Again, Sizemore is the odd man out but oh well somebody's gotta go. Also the 3 outfield guys have done nothing this spring so not one of them will get in.

11 more cuts to be made. This is the interesting time of camp for fans yet so potentially uncomfortable for the players.

​There are 37 in camp!  I hope you're not a Math teacher :p

​Considering Jose Fernandez is opening the year on the Disabled List, the Marlins are taking 26 players to Opening Day... 37 - 26 = 11

I hope you don't teach anyone anything, let alone math.

​Hech and Solano only count as half a player each, so it's actually twelve.

​Which Solano?

​Jeez, are both of those MFs still on the team?

I'm currently cutting my tattoo off.

​Honestly, I might like this other Solano considering our current options at C.  Having a very productive spring (given, in only 9 AB's.  Also, it's a Solano, so...).

Yeah...maybe my opinion of Salty has dropped a little too much.

11 more cuts to be made. This is the interesting time of camp for fans yet so potentially uncomfortable for the players.

​Considering Jose Fernandez is opening the year on the Disabled List, the Marlins are taking 26 players to Opening Day... 37 - 26 = 11

​Which Solano?

​Honestly, I might like this other Solano considering our current options at C.  Having a very productive spring (given, in only 9 AB's.  Also, it's a Solano, so...).

If anyone is wearing a Marlins uniform and catcher's gear this season besides Salty and Mathis, it'll be Realmuto.

Regarding the Cilantro brothers, keep in mind that Donovan is likely the better one. 

​Which Solano?

If anyone is wearing a Marlins uniform and catcher's gear this season besides Salty and Mathis, it'll be Realmuto.

Regarding the Cilantro brothers, keep in mind that Donovan is likely the better one. 

​Hey, I'd rather see Realmuto as well, but he's already been sent down so I see that as very unlikely till mid season (even more so than Jhonotan making the team).  Also, The question isn't "is Donovan a better SS than Jhonatan Solano is a Catcher, it's "Is Saltalamacchia a better Catcher than Jhonatan".  I still side with Salty (overall, at least.  Jhonatan is more than likely the better defensive catcher, IMHO), but allow me to say this: "uuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh".